Fridge/freezer not working.

My Coolzone Undercounter fridge freezer decided to stop working yesterday. It's less than 2 years old but out of manufacturer's guarantee. :(

The motor thing at the back is working and the freezer part seems to be making its usual whirring but the fridge is room temp and the freezer defrosted yesterday and is now just cold rather than frozen.

The light is coming on.

It's a single thermostat.

It's not worth really repairing sadly, it was about £160 new but my last fridge I had for fifteen years so bit annoyed this one has gone so quickly.

Due to having no space for a freezer, it's been great for a single person with limited space, so I wondered how easy they are to fix and am I missing doing anything as the motor is still running, I'm guessing its a thermostat problem. The hole at the back of the fridge appears clean and I've given it a wipe today as well, turned it all on and off:hihi: Nothing looks untoward at the back. No water puddles apart from obviously the ones from defrosting.

Would choose a weekend when I've not been paid on time as well!

P.S. Tried to ring the manufacturers but the number on the website and in the brochure is just not connecting. I suspect they are no longer.

If you still have the receipt you could try and claim from the seller under the Sale of Goods Act as it should have lasted much longer. The manufacturer is not responsible for it.

Had a similar problem a while ago with one bought from Argos that packed up and not 2 years old. Complained as it should have lasted at least 6 years and Argos requested an engineers report of the problem as they would pay for a repair. It was unfixable so Argos credited me with the cost and also the cost of the engineers report. :)

Yeah, I'm sure i've heard that 6 year thingy-mi-wotsit before. I'm sure they're supposed to last 6 years. Definitely get on to who you bought it from who will hopefully put you on to the right people.

Good luck x

Thanks. Can typically find all the paperwork, book, sticker for the side etc but not the receipt.

Where did you buy it? Most large stores can reprint receipt if you take in card you paid with and also if you go into bank with approximate date they can get you copy of bank statement

I once read somewhere that if you turn it upside down for a coupla hours and then back right way, leave it for minimum 6 hours for all fluids to run back to right place and try again... it can work.

Otherwise try howtomendit.com

Where did you buy it? Most large stores can reprint receipt if you take in card you paid with and also if you go into bank with approximate date they can get you copy of bank statement

Think it was Currys or Comet on Drakehouse, the one that's right in the corner. Need to go down there and have a look. Thanks Zebra, I might try that. x

Think it was Currys or Comet on Drakehouse, the one that's right in the corner. Need to go down there and have a look. Thanks Zebra, I might try that. x

Don't do that Edna you could cause a fire if the fluid leaks out. Currys will have copy of your receipt if you bought it by card, would imagine Comet will too.

Archived