ConDem controlled Birmingham City Council outsources jobs to India

A quick read between the lines has just proved once again that Wednesday1 has ignored facts just to get another con dem bashing thread online... Its your sixth in as many days.... you should have a loyalty card or something.

Quite simply its not Birmingham City Council who are doing the redundancies its Crapita. They are in charge of the IT service through a weak "joint venture" which is generally a load of nonesense. They will call the shots. They will make the decisons. They have decided to ship the work abroad.

You will find that nearly any government contract which Crapita has on their books will be the same. If they can export it they will.

Once you have a signed contract passing the buck there is nothing the government can do about it until the contract expires.

Its thanks to Labour's trigger happy approch to outsourcing over the years we are now stuck with a load more potential problems like this one.

A quick read between the lines has just proved once again that Wednesday1 has ignored facts just to get another con dem bashing thread online... Its your sixth in as many days.... you should have a loyalty card or something.

Quite simply its not Birmingham City Council who are doing the redundancies its Crapita. They are in charge of the IT service through a weak "joint venture" which is generally a load of nonesense. They will call the shots. They will make the decisons. They have decided to ship the work abroad.

You will find that nearly any government contract which Crapita has on their books will be the same. If they can export it they will.

Once you have a signed contract passing the buck there is nothing the government can do about it until the contract expires.

Its thanks to Labour's trigger happy approch to outsourcing over the years we are now stuck with a load more potential problems like this one.

on this occasion wednesday1 is right, if birmingham council were not happy with transferring these jobs then they wouldn't get transferred.

the conservative administration which preceeded the previous labour government was equally happy to see skilled british jobs go overseas.

on one hand it's very difficult to see how this can be stopped,

on the other hand, back in 1997 there was something of a hope that the party founded on the blood of the working man might have done something to stop it but that was before we realised the new labour had committed a far greater betrayal of the working man than the lib dems ever could

Six in as many days? I make it 4! see below:

thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Forum

ConDem controlled Birmingham City Council outsources jobs to India ‎( 1 2)

wednesday1 Today 00:02

by andyofborg 24 220 General Discussions

Sainsburys Express for Ecclesall Road?

wednesday1 Yesterday 23:51

by andygardener 19 530 Sheffield Discussions

Flashman Cameron spends £680,000 of taxpayers money on Downing Street ‎( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

wednesday1 Yesterday 20:28

by evildrneil 114 1,423 General Discussions

What makes Sheffield Forum so popular? ‎( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

wednesday1 Yesterday 06:04

by denlin 72 923 General Discussions

ConDems give £56m a day to private companies

wednesday1 01-06-2011 07:24

by andikay 2 88 General Discussions

Cops question LibDem Minister Huhne over alleged dodging of speeding points ‎( 1 2 3)

wednesday1

We're at nearly two pages, and nobody has thought to ask the most obvious and important question of all.

Is this going to save any money?

Its likely to save the taxpayer a little money, but the outsourcer could spend more money, and actually save money. How? The outsourcer chooses where in the world to make a profit....and this is what bites us. Capita UK could make a loss, and claim back 3 years Tax, but Capita India makes a profit, and pays very little corp. tax. We may well find the net result is a cost to the treasury, not a saving.

Its likely to save the taxpayer a little money

I'm not so sure even of that.

Paying 100 lots of Indian wages instead of English wages - a hefty saving.

100 people no longer paying income tax and national insurance - a hefty cost.

Paying 100 people jobseekers' allowance - a hefty cost.

And that's without factoring in your corporation-tax machinations, which I have to admit are a little over my head.

I'm not so sure even of that.

Paying 100 lots of Indian wages instead of English wages - a hefty saving.

100 people no longer paying income tax and national insurance - a hefty cost.

Paying 100 people jobseekers' allowance - a hefty cost.

And that's without factoring in your corporation-tax machinations, which I have to admit are a little over my head.

That's assuming the people aren't rediverted within Capita..it's a rather large comapny.. :) One of my cutomer's IT departments is being outsourced to a.n. other company but all the emloyees involved are being ustilised within that organisation...they weren't awfully busy where they were but will now have a more interesting job..

That's assuming the people aren't rediverted within Capita..it's a rather large comapny..

Actually that would make no difference. If 100 jobs that were being done in England will now be done in India, then there are 100 people no longer paying income tax and NI, and there are 100 more people unemployed.

It may not be the same 100 people whose jobs have been diverted, but it is inevitable that they will exist.

Archived