ConDem controlled Birmingham City Council outsources jobs to India

Indeed it does. If the people who used to do job X are now doing job Y because job X has gone to India, then people who would otherwise have been hired to do job Y (or job X), are still unemployed.

In a previous job one of my roles was outsourced..I stayed at the company and carried on with my other role...the company would not have employed anyone else to do the first role..outsourcing cost no jobs...

In a previous job one of my roles was outsourced..I stayed at the company and carried on with my other role...the company would not have employed anyone else to do the first role..

You're contradicting yourself. Your first sentence says that someone else was employed to do it!

You're contradicting yourself. Your first sentence says that someone else was employed to do it!

Would not have employed anyone specifically to do it...it went to another place in a company reorganisation which was just that..no jobs lost throughout..sorry if I wasn't clear..

A quick read between the lines has just proved once again that Wednesday1 has ignored facts just to get another con dem bashing thread online... Its your sixth in as many days.... you should have a loyalty card or something.

Quite simply its not Birmingham City Council who are doing the redundancies its Crapita. They are in charge of the IT service through a weak "joint venture" which is generally a load of nonesense. They will call the shots. They will make the decisons. They have decided to ship the work abroad.

You will find that nearly any government contract which Crapita has on their books will be the same. If they can export it they will.

Once you have a signed contract passing the buck there is nothing the government can do about it until the contract expires.

Its thanks to Labour's trigger happy approch to outsourcing over the years we are now stuck with a load more potential problems like this one.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived