Do you enjoy living in England?

I've always though Tokyo woudl be an exciting palce to live, but the language barrier is too great, it's just so different to English I don't think I'd be able to learn it, and I think it's important to be able to speak the language of your adopted country.

I've always though Tokyo woudl be an exciting palce to live, but the language barrier is too great, it's just so different to English I don't think I'd be able to learn it, and I think it's important to be able to speak the language of your adopted country.

It's pretty easy to speak the language. Just speak slow and loud and everyone will understand you no matter where you go.

I've just phoned my mate who lives on Ringinglow Road, it took ages to get a ring tone, I then realised that I was being diverted to his Villa in Spain. He came over all grumpy and then mentioned that it had been raining ever since he arrived. I of course did not tell him of the glorious sunshine that we are enjoying over here. :hihi:

I had a holiday in Japan visiting my son and prided myself in going to the local shops on my own...apart from hello and thank you, I had no Japanese, but everyone was lovely and I did lots of bowing with them. I wouldn't like to live there however.

Back in the sixties, I lived in Singapore for 2 years as a service wife. I loved it that you knew it was going to be nice every day, and you knew what to wear. But..........it did get a bit boring as well and it was nice to see a bit of rain....even a lot when it was monsoon season.

I would often wake up and think I'd put this on or that and then remember oh ohhh no I can't. Its too hot for that and apart from anything else, I hadn't even got it with me.

The US and Canada are nice, but the poor work conditions put me off. I know people who've emigrated, and they now get 10 days holiday a year. I'd rather loose a finger than 15 days holiday a year for the rest of my life!

Vancouver is great and is similar enough to parts of England/Britain so as to be familier and less of a jolt as moving to somewhere like Tokyo would be.

I could see myself living in a number of places but I do like living here. I wouldn't want a culture shock and I wouldn't want to wrench myself away to the other side of the planet away from friends and relatives.

Edinburgh fits the bill nicely.

Yep! Vancouver is hard to beat. The fantastic Rockies, Banff and lake Louise on one side and beautiful Victoria more British than Britain on the other. Two micro breweries that produce some of the best beer you could ever hope to taste and friendly people as well.

Edinburgh would also be among my choices except it's cold even in summer and no good for my thinned down California blood :)

Archived