Thinking of jumping back on the bicycle

Personally you not think that someone using the roads and I don't mean just crossing them should contribute to them and abide by the laws of the road? Has a cyclist ever been done for speeding out of interest as I'm sure over 30 mph on a bike is possible, by the way this isnt cycle bashing just general interest

I was stopped coming back in to Sheffield. As i was coming down to Loxley my speedo was saying just over 50. Police were coming the opposite direction and stopped me.

They didn't give me a ticket or anything. They were just worried i was about to kill myself

Out of interest, by law do cyclist's on the road have to obey traffic lights? What fines can you get as a cyclist?

Think cyclists can get a £30 fine for going through a red light, although I have never known anyone who has had one.

Unlike cars, cyclists only really put themselves in danger when doing this so unless their into danger most won't.

I got a hybrid, its brilliant - mountain bikes are too heavy for what I was using...

Too heavy? My Specialized S-Works weighs just under 23 pounds. I have a second set of wheels with high pressure slicks for when I'm riding on the street.

Too heavy? My Specialized S-Works weighs just under 23 pounds. I have a second set of wheels with high pressure slicks for when I'm riding on the street.

Thats something i forgot to mention. The pressure in the tyres when using slicks. Mine used to be between 55 and 60 PSI. Much more than you would normally use.

I used to enjoy biking when i was a kid and especially on the roads.

The only thing that put's me off these day's is the way the traffic is, i have been watching people using bikes on the road with interest in the last couple of weeks and traffic have no respect atall really for there safty.

If you're worried about cycling in traffic, get yourself a copy of the Cyclecraft book. It's the cycling equivalent of the roadcraft books for cars and motorcycles.

I got a hybrid, its brilliant - mountain bikes are too heavy for what I was using, racer/road bikes would kill my back. More people are getting hybrids because they are a good mixture of the two - especially if you are going to be using them for commuting etc which more people are doing these days.

I'm looking at getting a Chris Boardman hybrid for work, I love my car but I'm in need of some exercise.

I've been thinking about this for a while, the buses are extornianate and petrol is like buying gold.

I used to enjoy biking when i was a kid and especially on the roads.

The only thing that put's me off these day's is the way the traffic is, i have been watching people using bikes on the road with interest in the last couple of weeks and traffic have no respect atall really for there safty.

Still I'm gonna give it a go, wish me luck and also does anyone know of any cheap and decent mountain bike places in Sheffield Cheers.

Do it! Most routes in and out of sheffield have a bike lane, you may need to take a longer way round, but its worth it. Good for your heart, and on a day like today, better for your soul than sitting in traffic in a car.

I'm looking at getting a Chris Boardman hybrid for work, I love my car but I'm in need of some exercise.

I just got one of those through the cycle to work scheme , Halfords have sold that many they have put the price up another £100 !!. Its a fantastic bike though , certainly recommend it to others.

Archived