Thinking of jumping back on the bicycle

The thing I find odd is that a cyclist contributes nothing to road tax

I find it worrying that this is the view of some people. How do you know how much tax a cyclist contributes towards the upkeep of the roads? Do you have a breakdown of their yearly NI and income tax contributions? What is more concerning is that there appear to be individuals who have bought something (a tax disc for their car) and have no idea what it's for. More fool them I guess. Personally I like to make sure that when I spend money I know what its for.

Think again next time you see a cyclist, they may well be putting more money into the pot than the person in the car in front of you claiming unemployment benefits. The point is you have no idea, so your argument is and forever will be invalid.

I just got one of those through the cycle to work scheme , Halfords have sold that many they have put the price up another £100 !!. Its a fantastic bike though , certainly recommend it to others.

Well done matey, I'm envious of you. Boardman cycles are absolutely excellent value for money.

Being a well known celebrity, Id love to do this but would just be hounded all the time I came to a stop for people taking pictures and wanting autographs. Gotta stick to the Driver and Rolls.

Archived