When Will The BNP Become More Electable?

It's about instilling a sense of national pride. A sense of belonging. An English identity.

The United States has a similar policy, which is supported by Republicans and Democrats alike. Only extremists oppose such a policy over there.

Do you not want to see a more unified and stable society, at peace with itself?

How will forcing people to display a flag help achieve this exactly?

How will forcing people to display a flag help achieve this exactly?

It is only state-maintained (financed and administered) public buildings that would have to fly the English Flag by law. This applies mainly to town halls, civic halls and various other similar state maintained public buildings.

The majority of these buildings currently fly a number of flags, which include the English Flag, as well as the Union flag and the flag of the EU. Some public buildings even fly the Rainbow flag, a symbol of gay and lesbian community pride.

The English Flag, when it is flown in every English town and city, will empower the people of England and help to instill pride as a nation. The flag will unify and strengthen our communities, one of the earliest known emblems representing England. Bringing peace and lasting stability to our divided, multi-cultural and overcrowded land.

The English Flag, when it is flown in every English town and city, will empower the people of England and help to instill pride as a nation. The flag will unify and strengthen our communities, one of the earliest known emblems representing England. Bringing peace and lasting stability to our divided, multi-cultural and overcrowded land.

Do you really believe any of that? ;)

John X

Ordinary householders will also be encouraged to fly the English Flag from their property's or in their gardens, in a welcome display of national pride. But this will not be compulsory.

None of this current nonsense where the police can visit property's that fly the flag, asking residents to take it down as it is viewed as 'racist' by chinless wonders.

None of this current nonsense where the police can visit property's that fly the flag, asking residents to take it down as it is viewed as 'racist' by chinless wonders.
You actually believe this has happened in the circumstances you describe? I'm afraid it's one of those rumours that became a chinese whisper amongst the nationalist community to justify their persecution complex-they do that very well.

Another myth of the far right.

Don't you believe that flying a flag can have a positive effect upon the emotional well being of a local community? Why else do buildings fly the rainbow flag?

No I don't. The only place I have seen serial flag flying on a grand scale is in Ireland and rather than having a positive effect on the emotional well-being it just seemed to reinforce a paranoid and siege mentality in both communities.

If truth be known I find all kinds of flag flying rather creepy, and exclusive rather than inclusive.

John X

If truth be known I find all kinds of flag flying rather creepy, and exclusive rather than inclusive.

John X

Oh dear.

My heart goes out to you. For you can never know the pride a flag can instill in a community.

But don't worry. You won't be asked to fly one in your back garden.

I found this post from another forum which eloquently describes the truth about these stories.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25272843&postcount=34

Archived