When Will The BNP Become More Electable?

''My friend, you would not tell with such high zest

To children ardent for some desperate glory,

The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est

Pro patria mori''

I was trying to remember that earlier, when I was looking at the Brooke poem.

The England that Brooke was looking back with misty eyes at, was a crap place to live unless you were white, male, straight, christian and a member of the middle or upper classes. Nothing to be proud of at all.

And if I was lying dying in a field somewhere in 1915, I'd want to rip the throats out of the great and the good who had started that war that sent so many to a horrible and ignoble death.

I'm sorry but there is nothing glorious about lying in six inches of freezing water and mud, stinking and infested in lice with your guts hanging out. And that applies, whether you are fighting for Kaiser or King.

John X

I was trying to remember that earlier, when I was looking at the Brooke poem.

The England that Brooke was looking back with misty eyes at, was a crap place to live unless you were white, male, straight, christian and a member of the middle or upper classes. Nothing to be proud of at all.

And if I was lying dying in a field somewhere in 1915, I'd want to rip the throats out of the great and the good who had started that war that sent so many to a horrible and ignoble death.

I'm sorry but there is nothing glorious about lying in six inches of freezing water and mud, stinking and infested in lice with your guts hanging out. And that applies, whether you are fighting for Kaiser or King.

John X

In WWI there were 1,000,000 killed from this country alone and even higher amounts maimed or injured, the vast majority were white male, straight and Christian.

You obviously feel the same way about WWII eh?

In WWI there were 1,000,000 killed from this country alone and even higher amounts maimed or injured, the vast majority were white male, straight and Christian.

How may were middle or upper class - which you conveniently forgot to quote.

You forgot 'and working-class!'

You obviously feel the same way about WWII eh?

World War One was the old empires and alliances of Europe going to war with each other for totally avoidable reasons.

Many died in the process. Little was really achieved.

World War Two was a war against the aggression of Nazi Germany whose stated aim was to bring the whole of Europe into the Third Reich. It was stopped in it's tracks and apart from Spain and certain South American countries, Naziism as a force was never to return.

John X

How may were middle or upper class - which you conveniently forgot to quote.

I haven't forgotten to quote anything, you obviously can't be upper and middle class at the same time so John P is listing a set of requirements and by the way if you are that precise why don't you ask him why he thinks life was crap for white female members of the middle and upper class?

You forgot 'and working-class!'

No I haven't forgotten.

World War One was the old empires and alliances of Europe going to war with each other for totally avoidable reasons.

Many died in the process. Little was really achieved.

World War Two was a war against the aggression of Nazi Germany whose stated aim was to bring the whole of Europe into the Third Reich. It was stopped in it's tracks and apart from Spain and certain South American countries, Naziism as a force was never to return.

John X

So now we have the EU instead.

Archived