When Will The BNP Become More Electable?

why don't you ask him why he thinks life was crap for white female members of the middle and upper class?

For a lot of them it was. Not as bad as if they were working-class but not exactly very fullfilled.

And who is John P? That's twice you've mentioned him now! :D

First time I thought it was a typing error but not so sure now!

John X

Bit difficult for you, so lets take the "sacrifices they made" part out for you and see if you can answer.

It's a simple question, how many working class males had the right to vote in 1915?

I was confused because you're simply endorsing what John X said earlier and something most of us agree with.

The England that Brooke was looking back with misty eyes at, was a crap place to live unless you were white, male, straight, christian and a member of the middle or upper classes. Nothing to be proud of at all.

Life was crap unless you were white, male, straight, Christian and a member of the middle or upper classes.

For a lot of them it was. Not as bad as if they were working-class but not exactly very fullfilled.

And who is John P? That's twice you've mentioned him now! :D

First time I thought it was a typing error but not so sure now!

John X

Sorry but what do you mean by fullfilled? This isn't the 1990s we are talking about now, this is 1915.

I was confused because you're simply endorsing what John X said earlier and something most of us agree with.

You mentioned female voting and now I've asked a question about the right of males to vote.

Life was crap unless you were white, male, straight, Christian and a member of the middle or upper classes.

That's his misty eyed view.

You mentioned female voting and now I've asked a question about the right of males to vote.

Eh? In response to this post Streamline. Not having the vote was definitely not a good thing for women, and nobody's disputing that life was not good for white, working class males either, try to keep up!

the way if you are that precise why don't you ask him why he thinks life was crap for white female members of the middle and upper class?
..because most of them didn't have the unconditional right to vote!!

That's his misty eyed view.

What's misty eyed about it? Do you think white, working class males should be included in the group of people who had it easy during WWI?

Sorry but what do you mean by fullfilled?

Playing an equal part in society, education and the economic life of the country rather than sewing samplers, flower arranging and organising local charity events for a start.

John X

Eh? In response to this post Streamline. Not having the vote was definitely not a good thing for women, and nobody's disputing that life was not good for white, working class males either, try to keep up!

You got a problem with telling me how many working class males had the right to vote, it's a simple enough question?

These are the same people who had to sacrifice their lifes and yet you are telling me feamles had it worse simply because they couldn't vote.

I think it's you who needs to keep up.

What's misty eyed about it? Do you think white, working class males should be included in the group of people who had it easy during WWI?

I think it's all relative to the period, I asked why females were not include and you said it was beacuse they couldn't vote. LOL

Playing an equal part in society, education and the economic life of the country rather than sewing samplers, flower arranging and organising local charity events for a start.

John X

I see so you would have been against the laws that banned females from working underground in mines and cut their working hours to those of children.

Is that what you mean by equal?

Archived