Wanting a new life on my own.

Melagain has posted very sensible advice. I think just the same. Rememberthe old saying' life is for living, it is not a rehearsal' Do you want to look back years down the line and say' wish I had done something about the situation. Go for it girl!!!! Good luck, and keep us posted.

Missymoomoo You dont say how old you are or if you work. I's obvious you are very unhappy and maybe the first step would be to get a job or even volunteer somewhere to get out of the house and then consider you options. Your eldest daughter wants her mum back.... you can talk to her... she sees your not happy. good luck to you it takes courage to make big changes in life but it will be worth while and you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago.

Sometimes I think its very easy to look at the person closest to you and blame them for things that you don't like about yourself or your own life. If you are thinking 'without him I would...go out more/have more friends/look better/feel better' - does he actually stop you from doing these things? or is it yourself stopping you?

I think this is a very good point, it's always easier to blame something or someone on why your life isn't what you think it should be. With only one side of the story it's difficult to judge the situation. It may be a case of doing what makes you happy and hoping he catches up and you both become happier as a couple.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread, and was wondering how you are doing OP??

After 12.5 year of being with my partner/ now to be ex husband of 4 years.

I am now single, it was a mutual thing we both decided to go our own ways.

Suppose we just grew apart, although no matter what obstacle we ever came across. I did my best to fight for my marriage, but last 3yr my heart was not in it.

Found I was not feeling same, so we separated much to a lot of people's surprise.

I am happy now though and my ex is very much part of my life. We get on great as friends and I care for him as the father of my kids.

He is such a great dad and very supportive so I am lucky to have him.

I have had people show interest in me, and want something more then friendships ect.

But I just see it as my kids come first now, I am not interested in another relationship.

I am not someone that feels comfortable with sleeping round with strangers either.

I would never ever get married again, tried it didn't work and is a waist of money if you ask me.

Wish I had booked a holiday much cheaper and less hassle.lol

Hope your ok missymoomoo

Archived