Is the term "chav" an insult to the poor working class?

Your class definition is as ludicrous as your economic powers.

A very basic definition

Working class - physical job, wage instead of salary

Middle class - White collar job, salaried, generally university educated

Upper class - titled, monied

He did make it sound as if the Middle Classes didn't work, I wonder how they got rich then?

In your definition, a lot of the middle class earn less than the working class.

Class has never been solely about income, so it is possible for someone middle class to earn less than someone working class, although I doubt that you can explain how it's 'a lot' of people in that situation.

How do you know the youths in the picture aren't British?

I don't & I didn't say that. I actually typed the the opposite to what you read, they are British.

They looked very British to me & they were used as an illustration of 'chavs' in that particular story, but they're clearly not white, so I needed to correct my previous statement.

I don't & I didn't say that. I actually typed the the opposite to what you read, they are British.

They looked very British to me & they were used as an illustration of 'chavs' in that particular story, but they're clearly not white, so I needed to correct my previous statement.

You're quite right anywebsite and I apologise, I read it as you correcting your previous post to suggest they weren't British, sorry. :)

Tracksuits

Baseball caps

Hoodies (Especially with hood over a baseball cap)

Wearing a scarf up to the eyes

Bling (Ridiculous jewellery)

Liking The Fast and the Furious

Lightweight showerproof jackets (Typically Mckenzie)

Hands down front of trousers

Walking down the street barechested

Trainers

Jeans with ar*e hanging out and crotch around the knees

Wearing trousers tucked into socks (often one sock only)

Tattos

Burberry

Throwing shoulders back and holding out arms and showing palms (Normally following by bouncing off down the round)

Drive a cheap, nasty car (typically a Citroen Saxo) that has supposedly been suped up and blast crappy hip-hop music out of the window

The inabolity to talk correctly

Archived