Is the term "chav" an insult to the poor working class?

Well if I chose to live in a nice house in what is perceived to be a good district, then to some I am an inheritor of wealth and a snob who looks down on others who didn't chose the same course.

So I reserve the right to refer to nasty, trouble causing, snide Burberry clad, bone idle dick heads as chavs. :rolleyes:

You can't have listened very hard then

[/b]You probably hear it less often because most millionaires aren't anti social, at least not in the way that defines chavyness.

Without reading that I know it's about the lottery winner with a criminal record. People were disgusted that he had won and the papers took great pleasure in labelling him a chav. He was labelled a chav on his past not on him winning the lottery.

If a person who had inherited the money acted the same way the Sun would not be labelling him as a chav. What about Charlie Gilmour? Were you labelling him chav?

Without reading that I know it's about the lottery winner with a criminal record. People were disgusted that he had won and the papers took great pleasure in labelling him a chav. He was labelled a chav on his past not on him winning the lottery.

He labelled himself "King of the Chavs" after his win..he had money but still behaved the same way as before..so you can be rich and still be "chavvy"..nothing to do with money all to do with attitude/behaviour..

Archived