I am sick of freebies for the benefits class!

I at 50 years of age have found myself on benifits for the first time in my working life

even as a single parent I worked full time to keep off benifits.

So maybe its time I got some freebies,If anyone would like to tell me just what freebies I can get cos I dont have a clue lol

try this site mate it will tell you what your entitled to hope this helps http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

Totally agree some people on this forum really need to go out and get a life. Its just a shame that the really genuine unemployed get dragged down by the low lifes that cant be botherd to go out to work and get a bit of self respect,maybe when they get older and realize they have done nothing with there lifes when there ie so much to see in this wonderful world they might think diffrent.

I was just going to say, not everyone on benefits is a cheat. I bet you most on here moaning about these cheats would do exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

What? they have it deducted from their benefit BECAUSE THEY RECEIVE IT - do you want it paying twice? We both work full time and are on not much more than £25k and have to pay full everything. We live in 2 bedroom terrace and only luxuries are car and touring caravan and it's a struggle maintaining this so spare us the bleeding hearts for benefit recipients on £25k

What? they have it deducted from their benefit BECAUSE THEY RECEIVE IT - do you want it paying twice? We both work full time and are on not much more than £25k and have to pay full everything. We live in 2 bedroom terrace and only luxuries are car and touring caravan and it's a struggle maintaining this so spare us the bleeding hearts for benefit recipients on £25k

What else do u want ffs? You have a roof, car and abit of pleasure. Geesh! some people want the world.

Income Support benefit rates for single parent with 3 children:

Lone Parent £ 65.45 p/wk

Dependant Child #1 £ 57.57 “

Dependant Child #2 £ 57.57 “

Dependant Child #3 £ 57.57 “

Family Premium £ 22.20 “

Total £ 260.36 x 52wks = £ 13,538.72 per year

Add in rent & council tax paid in full by local authority = approx. £ 5,500.00

(Plus free dental/optical/prescriptions etc)

Yearly NET income = £ 19,038.72

Salary reqd. to earn this net income, approx. £ 25,000 p/year

Sorry, but I make that;

Lone parent £65.45 PW

Child benefit 1 £20.30 PW

Child benefit 2 £13.40 PW

Child benefit 3 £13.40 PW

Family premium £22.20 PW

Total £134.75 x 52 weeks = £7,007 Per year

Not including child tax credits as the depends on circumstances but still quite a lot less than the £13,538.72 quoted.

Sorry, but I make that;

Lone parent £65.45 PW

Child benefit 1 £20.30 PW

Child benefit 2 £13.40 PW

Child benefit 3 £13.40 PW

Family premium £22.20 PW

Total £134.75 x 52 weeks = £7,007 Per year

Not including child tax credits as the depends on circumstances but still quite a lot less than the £13,538.72 quoted.

And where does this lone parent live in your equation? A bus shelter?

Archived