Where was the 'Nameless Restaurant' on Cambridge street?

Anyone remember this, the NAMELESS RESTAURANTcirca 1982/3, it was somewhere on Cambridge Street, but not sure where exactly. Might have been close to the Sportsman or further down towards the Casbah. It had a green frontage in 1983 if anyone remembers.....was not there very long if I remember as only had one meal there

It was at the top end, roughly where Ask pizzeria is. On the left-hand side was an archway IIRC (took you through to Backfields).

Its decor was green and white and the name Nameless was written on its front windows (bottom left hand corner of each window - see, it's all 'in here'[pointing to head]). I also recall a spiral staircase and a number of plants.

I always thought it was quite a 'cool' place, at least till Gangsters opened up round the corner.

I knew the owner's family (well, his kids. We used to knock about on Graham Road the same time Hubba Bubba chewing game came on the scene. For some unknown reason we used to call it Bum Chum. Kids eh?) and the last time I went was probably 1980, shortly after buying my white funk belt from Jean Jeanie on Fargate and showing it off on the Speedway at Endcliffe Park Fayre where they played Dexys' "Geno" endlessly.

They never told me to wear jeans with the belt as opposed to my school shorts (only kidding. I was more fashionable aged 11 than I am aged 36).

• 2 months later...

Hi goldenfleece, spent many a day in the nameless restaurant. My friends mum used to run it and we always got free food, had all the birthday parties in there. I don't know exactly whats in its place now as I've nott been there for years but it was at the top end with cole brothers side doors almost opposite

• 5 years later...

The nameless restaurant was opposite the side entrance of cole brothers on camebridge street .. its now better known as wetherspoons .. i know this as this was my fathers restaurant from 1979 to 1985 when it was sold to the owners of gangsters restaurant who turned it in to a fast food burger bar which then burnt down & the hole building had to be demolished .. this was a shame as i spent some of my best teen years in there working .. anyone who was anyone at that time would eat there ( marty cain , human league, john hurt , heaven 17 ) i miss that place ... good times

• 3 weeks later...
The nameless restaurant was opposite the side entrance of cole brothers on camebridge street .. its now better known as wetherspoons .. i know this as this was my fathers restaurant from 1979 to 1985 when it was sold to the owners of gangsters restaurant who turned it in to a fast food burger bar which then burnt down & the hole building had to be demolished .. this was a shame as i spent some of my best teen years in there working .. anyone who was anyone at that time would eat there ( marty cain , human league, john hurt , heaven 17 ) i miss that place ... good times

Was your dad either Ivor or his partner Roy? because Ivor White is one of my oldest friends and he and roy bought it,they called it "Nameless", becauase none of us could come up with a proper name

Was your dad either Ivor or his partner Roy? because Ivor White is one of my oldest friends and he and roy bought it,they called it "Nameless", becauase none of us could come up with a proper name

My farther is Brian hull who was Ivor whites partner .. He was partners with Ivor for some time & then had sole ownership after Ivor went to Spain ..

• 2 years later...
My farther is Brian hull who was Ivor whites partner .. He was partners with Ivor for some time & then had sole ownership after Ivor went to Spain ..

Thanks for reply, I knew your dad quite well, he's a good bloke which is more than can be said for Mr White. He lives in Menorka and some friends and I went into business there with him, oh boy did they get ripped off, thank goodness I had no money invested,my pals lost everything

• 2 years later...