Anyone know someone who can breath new life into my garden decking?

What did you use to "varnish" it with. A lot of so called deck stains and varnishes are

absolutely rubbish. They look good for about a month then either fade or peel off in lumps. I found Ronseal the worst and Sadolin the best. Sadolin is expensive but it looks good and lasts.

varish forms a surface which will peel off, look a mess and be a pain to remedy.

Try oil instead because that will soak into the wood without forming a surface. It will fade over time but won't leave you with a peeling mess.

E.g. Liberon Decking Oil.

Check out online comparisons of different oils because some are a lot better than others and the major names tend to get low scores.

Hi, my decking is only about 3 to 4 years old and I jet washed and revarnished it last year but it looks even worse this year! I haven't got the energy to do it again (and properly) myself this year. Any ideas?

I think varnish is your problem. I have a man come round twice a year to apply some kind of oil to mine. Not sure what it is called, I will ask him when I see him next.:)

Hi, my decking is only about 3 to 4 years old and I jet washed and revarnished it last year but it looks even worse this year! I haven't got the energy to do it again (and properly) myself this year. Any ideas?

You cant be bothered to jetwash your decking more than once a year????

I bet your house is mingin:gag:

Archived