Is it just me that can't stand this heat?

Dont get me wrong' date=' I'm all for blue sky's and pleasent days, but its just that taking two kids and two bikes in the car(a greenhouse on wheels today) to have a ride at a park, something we do often, today, for me, was an unenjoyable, sweaty nightmare ![/quote']

I cant stand working in it but I love it on my days off

Being a ginger, I spend the hot weather scuttling from one bit of the shade to the next.

Give me a brilliant blue sky in January when I can wrap up warm and walk all day with a freezing cold nose. :¬)

Being a ginge is a state of mind! I am and I love the sun and can even get a tan, for everyone its just a case of knowing your limits and enjoy the outdoors.

we dont have to worry about the heat now, its a bit nippy and very cloudy, with a sea breeze

just took the dog out and was just wearing 3 quarter length trousers and a tshirt with the sleeves cut off.............my bloody hands were cold

It's not just the heat now - it's those horrible insect invaders that you can't see until it bites/stings you! Myself and my better half have had some bites - looks like a tiny red pimple - you think there is a spell (splinter) in it so you try digging it out and then the bleeding starts. Today the swelling starts and then it struck me it's the same insect (well not the exact same one) that bit/stung 6 years ago that led me to go to the outpatients/walk-in centre at the Hallamshire - the bite from 2 days before had become extremely itchy and a deep pink spiral went around from the lower leg to the upper making it extremely painful - had to have a tetanus booster and 400 mcg paracetamol for the painful leg (which was being hobbled on by this stage) - so beware those little nasties and eat indoors of an evening - unless you smoke a pipe with that lovely herb tobacco like my dear old Dad used to do!

I accidentally discovered that if you leave a glass of orange juice out they're fatally attracted to it. Just leave one nearby and they might leave you alone. :hihi:

Archived