Bin men refused to empty bin - very petty

They did it to me once so I emptied the bin in the middle of the road and rung Streetforce who sent a 3 man crew to cone and clean it up, they wouldn't take my cardboard the other day too, so I don't recycle anymore either, it just all goes in the black bin, **** em!

Or just put your household waste into the large green wheelie bin on the week your household bin isnt due to be emptied . just make sue you put 3 or 4 inch of grass cuttings on top of your rubbish bags in case the bin police come snooping before its emptied.

works every time our green bin is collected ,and we have never once had them leave it full.

( a good tip on how to get round the fortnightly bin collections we have in Barnsley ) :thumbsup:

We don't have them in Sheffield

Exactly , it takes then on average 15 seconds to empty a bin and god knows how long to get the slip , find a pen , write it then attach it to my bin.

and they wonder why people fly tip , there making it difficult to pay loads of council tax for them to take our bins

Pamella=ann that is no reason for arguement , , every job I have ever done I have always done to my best capability and would'nt expect or do any different as have my partner, I am my fiance's partner and we are a average family who pay full council tax and recycle all we can. We had a letter from council saying that we had rubbish outside our back garden which is outside our boundaries and then found out that everybody on this street was sent one. We back onto foxhill school and the only rubbish outside our garden was a council iron grate off a manhole... we rang the council and told them this and also said the council didn't fully cut up to all garden gates letting the grass over grow really long and encouraging people to dump...we ourselves cut our grass that isn't even ours, they said they would get back to us about this but what a surprise , they never have..so what do you say about that then pamela-ann....

Just a quick note as well - never complain about the binmen and expect the next collection to happen .

I did and it didn't.

There's a thread about council jobs being outsourced to India.

Hardly a shock when you consider council workers are lazy, stroppy cretins that don't want to do their jobs.

there is an easy solution to this -

Last year this happened to me and i was furious so I rang violia and told them that i couldnt find my bin, the lady on the phone said somtimes they fall in to the bin wagons any way she ordered me a new bin so now i have 2 black bins !!

when one is full i use the second one and put them both out ! problem solved.

mind you if you have busy bodies for neighbours then some one will proberbly stick their nose in, luckley i live on a very quiet street with only 4 houses and in fact me and I let my neighbours use the second bin if they need it ..

Our bin men have started opening the bins to see if they are full,if not full, they leave it till the following week.

Is that at Luton? (Your 'location')

This happened to a friend on lower end of City Rd a couple of months ago.

there is an easy solution to this -

Last year this happened to me and i was furious so I rang Veolia and told them that i couldnt find my bin, the lady on the phone said somtimes they fall in to the bin wagons any way she ordered me a new bin so now i have 2 black bins !!

when one is full i use the second one and put them both out ! problem solved.

mind you if you have busy bodies for neighbours then some one will proberbly stick their nose in, luckley i live on a very quiet street with only 4 houses and in fact me and I let my neighbours use the second bin if they need it ..

When the wheelie bins were first introduced it was possible to actually BUY an extra bin, which we did.

Usually our bin would go out half full, but we have a large garden and occasionally we would fill up both and wheel them out. This would only be in the summer months, no more than half a dozen times.

One day came home to find one of the bins had gone and assumed it had been nicked. But two days later there was a letter from Veola explaining that it had been noted that we had two bins, they were contracted to only supply and empty one, so they were going to come and collect one.

I rang them to explain that "going to come and collect" is slightly different to already nicked, and that the bin had been paid for ... it was ours. It fell on very deaf ears.

We used to tip the binmen £20 every year, needless to say we don't anymore.

Archived