Bin men refused to empty bin - very petty

How can they prove that he left it like that, what happens if you put your bin out and then someone dumps their rubbish in it?

This happened to me - I left my green bin out, someone put a pazza box in it and they refused to take it!

Same thing happened to me!

I've lived in many areas around Sheffield and the refuse service has been spot on! Ive recently bought a house in gleadless valley.. And I feel the bin men have some issues there?! I had one of those little tag things attatched, one ticked the lid was open second it was too heavy, so fair doos my partner emptied the bin and there was a bag of cement in the bottom, we removed this and they still refused to empty my bin two weeks

running! Obviously I was furious and rang the council.. THE BIN MEN CAME BACK the next

morning and emptied my bin and have done since! But they didn't take our neibours the other week cause the lid was slightly open.. bizarre!!

When the wheelie bins were first introduced it was possible to actually BUY an extra bin, which we did.

Usually our bin would go out half full, but we have a large garden and occasionally we would fill up both and wheel them out. This would only be in the summer months, no more than half a dozen times.

One day came home to find one of the bins had gone and assumed it had been nicked. But two days later there was a letter from Veola explaining that it had been noted that we had two bins, they were contracted to only supply and empty one, so they were going to come and collect one.

I rang them to explain that "going to come and collect" is slightly different to already nicked, and that the bin had been paid for ... it was ours. It fell on very deaf ears.

We used to tip the binmen £20 every year, needless to say we don't anymore.

They stole your private property. Did you report them to the police?

The legalities for the binmen is No opening at all, lid closed completely.

That's always been the case, some can be pedantic and they are "legally" covered in this case for refusing, others not always so bothered.

Bit awkward for them in the days before wheely bins:D

Strange first post but there you go, welcome to the forum.

Hi dont know why you would think my first posting strange when its in answer to some thing most people on the site are answering. what am I supposed to say as a first time answer? wasn't aware there was a right and wrong way to answer.

How can they prove that he left it like that, what happens if you put your bin out and then someone dumps their rubbish in it?

This is something that annoys me. We rarely have more than 1 kitchen bin bag full to put in the black bin. I've gone back to put something in before the collection on Friday (having put the bin out earlier) only to find the bin suddenly full and nowhere for me to put my extra bit of rubbish... Makes me :rant: (go red and move my mouth around)

Archived