Been filmed while in my garden

As far as I'm aware it is illegal but I wouldn't expect a call to the police to be taken with much more than a pinch of salt.

Turn the tables on him, set up CCTV on your fence, watch him day and night and as soon as you get anything worth while upload it to you tube...

From photorights.org;

Can I take photographs on private property without permission?

Yes, but only if it is not prohibited by the landowner. The landowner is within their rights to prohibit photography on their property or to require payment for permission.

If there are 'no photography' signs or terms of admission that forbid photography, you commit a trespass by taking photos, and may be told to leave. If you do not leave immediately reasonable force may be used to eject you. You may also be injuncted or sued for damages in a civil court. However the landowner or staff do not have any legal power to demand handover of film or memory cards, nor to require the deletion of images.

So, put a sign up.. :)

i over heard my neighbour saying he had filmed us while we were in our back garden. i didnt say anything as he is not a nice person who you can talk to. apart from it been quite scary is it illegal?? :help:

Why is he filming you? Has he got any reason to - were you lobbing dog poo over his fence at the time? Unless you were doing that or something similar I can't imagine why he was filming you and I'd report him immediately.

There can’t be a law against it, just think, I am filming the kids or the dog playing on the garden and inadvertently get a shot of next door sunbathing topless ………. Sorry boss it was a coincidental.

:hihi: Well done that man.

Archived