Child Support - Dad Who Didn't Pay

Yes, that's how I'd describe a father like the OP describes.

my brother doesnt see his 3 kids,hes been told by the eldest we dont want to see you any more,obv coached via mum,shes told them dad has hit mum and would hit them in time,not true,

he hasnt seen them for 3 yrs i know he misses them so much,hes tried to make contact,but told to keep away or else she will call the police and courts etc,

the kids are in there mid teens,and dont seem to want to know dad,hes also tried via facebook,only for mum to send nasty messages and block him,

he still sends money in birthday cards,xmas cards and pays via csa every week,

theres only so much a person can take,everyone has different circumstances

He was an absentee father well before my 10th birthday and my mum never cheated on him, it was the other way around. He had money to pay for football and beer, but my mum had to work two jobs until my step dad came along. If we knew where he lived, he could of easily have found me had he really wanted to. I lived with 10 miles of him and he never called, wrote, or even tried to see me. My half sister is now 17 and I haven't seen her since she was 2 years. I and my mum's choice would have been to see my father rather than being abandoned by him. I got to an age where I got sick of waiting for him to be bothered to come and see me, but now I think as every father should be a support towards the child he "fathered". All I want is to give my mum back the hardship she suffered and get something back what was rightfully ours. Not stealing or accepting money for the sake of getting it.

He was an absentee father well before my 10th birthday and my mum never cheated on him, it was the other way around. He had money to pay for football and beer, but my mum had to work two jobs until my step dad came along. If we knew where he lived, he could of easily have found me had he really wanted to. I lived with 10 miles of him and he never called, wrote, or even tried to see me. My half sister is now 17 and I haven't seen her since she was 2 years. I and my mum's choice would have been to see my father rather than being abandoned by him. I got to an age where I got sick of waiting for him to be bothered to come and see me, but now I think as every father should be a support towards the child he "fathered". All I want is to give my mum back the hardship she suffered and get something back what was rightfully ours. Not stealing or accepting money for the sake of getting it.

Didn't your mum ever contact the CSA when you were growing up?

No she didn't. Not that I know of! He never had a job before I was 7 and when they divorced he threatened her with a knife if she ever did contact anyone.

***The list of what he has done, would have me go one forever. I could only scratch the surface.

my brother doesnt see his 3 kids,hes been told by the eldest we dont want to see you any more,obv coached via mum,shes told them dad has hit mum and would hit them in time,not true,

he hasnt seen them for 3 yrs i know he misses them so much,hes tried to make contact,but told to keep away or else she will call the police and courts etc,

the kids are in there mid teens,and dont seem to want to know dad,hes also tried via facebook,only for mum to send nasty messages and block him,

he still sends money in birthday cards,xmas cards and pays via csa every week,

If your brother has not done anything wrong then maybe he should contact the courts, if he does maybe the kids will see he is serious about being involved and make a decision on their own, without their mum having her say.

If your brother has not done anything wrong then maybe he should contact the courts, if he does maybe the kids will see he is serious about being involved and make a decision on their own, without their mum having her say.

^^^ I agree...fighting ot see actually shows you care. From experience!!

Any decent father or mother in some cases, wouldn't need defending, he should have always been thier regardless of seperation, new relationships, whatever.

Sometimes they aren't allowed to be. You can't generalise like that. In this case it would seem that the OP has been let down but that's not always the case - and sometimes the child has been poisoned against the absent parent.

Yeah well, I was in a very similar position with regards to my sperm donor, so I know pretty well how it feels to be in the OPs situation.

as he work hes been told he would have to fund his own solicitor and court costs,she doesnt work so would get hers for free.

also she has obviously told so many lies to the kids she practically brainwashed them,they told dad to his face so would prob tell courts same,he pays so much csa

when he has spoke to the kids hes told them he loves them and misses them,hes managed to give them his mobile number,they know where he lives and facebook etc,

they choose not to make contact eldest is now 17yrs old,

Archived