Child Support - Dad Who Didn't Pay

In answer to your question, no you can't make a claim for backdated maintainance through the CSA.

Your Mum would have needed to make a claim before you turned 18/left full time education, but even then, the maintainance that he was liable for would only have been calculated from the day she submitted her claim.

if money shouldnt come into it as your telling this poster why are you then sticking up for the op in chasing her dad for money:loopy:

You've missed the point completley.

Money shouldn't be an issue if you have to pay for legal help, if thats the only option to seeing your child.

Do you understand now?:loopy:

Sorry if this has already been covered, but do we know that it was definitely the Father who cut off contact and not the mother who stopped him from seeing her?
no we only know one side of a story and given what may or may not be true the forum dogooders have allready found their verdict on a one sided story :loopy:

no we only know one side of a story and given what may or may not be true the forum dogooders have allready found their verdict on a one sided story :loopy:

Dogooder eh??

Look there can't be much else to the story, for whatever reason he hasn't had anything to do with his daughter, which was his choice. He doesn't deserve a side to the story imo.

My parents was married, so you would think that this shouldn't have to be the case, but he cheated and then left my mum to cope with a decision they made together.

All I want to know is do absentee parents have to pay for the missed child support?

Give them a call, thats the only way you will find out. I really hope you and your mother get what is rightfully yours. Do it soon too because the government are going to start charging to use the CSA service, or so I believe.

Your dad sounds like an awful man :loopy:

Ignore any negative comments on here, there are many people that dont agree with CSA usually through personal experience.

as he work hes been told he would have to fund his own solicitor and court costs,she doesnt work so would get hers for free.

also she has obviously told so many lies to the kids she practically brainwashed them,they told dad to his face so would prob tell courts same,he pays so much csa

when he has spoke to the kids hes told them he loves them and misses them,hes managed to give them his mobile number,they know where he lives and facebook etc,

they choose not to make contact eldest is now 17yrs old,

I think this is true in a lot of cases. By the time the father has worked, and paid 15-20% of the wage to the CSA there is little money to pay for the court costs and solicitor. I think it is so sad that this happens but the reason does come down to not having the money in a lot of cases to fight the partner for access and the futile hope that the children will see sense when they get older....which by that time the damage had been done....

I think this is true in a lot of cases. By the time the father has worked, and paid 15-20% of the wage to the CSA there is little money to pay for the court costs and solicitor. I think it is so sad that this happens but the reason does come down to not having the money in a lot of cases to fight the partner for access and the futile hope that the children will see sense when they get older....which by that time the damage had been done....

its 25% they deduct from his earnings at the mo

Archived