Gaming thread ps3/xbox

So my question today is what good games have you played on the 360/ps3 that were good but had the possibility of being excellent.

The first one that springs to mind for me is NEED FOR SPEED the whole series now dont get me wrong ive got NFS hot pursuit and i love it but the thing i always find is the concept is great, the cars are great, the whole point of the game is fairly good BUT......it just lacks something i remember on the old NFS two you could do drag races very simple but immensibly fun the new ones just seem to lack something it maybe that im cynical or i expect too much from a game but it just lacks a little something.

The second i think is GTA now dont get me wrong ive played them all from the original grand theft auto right upto GTA liberty city stories now this game is good the cars and bikes are good the location is good the characters are good BUT there just isnt enough to do i mean fair enough i know you can buy clothes, fight in backstreets for cash, log onto internet dating, but all the missions are done for cash which is pointless as you never get to spend it and also i think that more interactions with the characters after completing woulda been good aswell. I think this game could have been absolutely mind blowing if it just had a little more to do if i was to design it id do it under the concept that you can buy real estate, launder money, blackmail business men into paying for protection like they do on the old gangster movies thatd be good.

Archived