Do you suffer from lack of self confidence ?

Thanks for your kind words AO.......you always come across as very confident .... just shows that even the most outgoing people can lack in confidence ..... and just to add, you are also one of the most genuine people I have had the pleasure to meet :)

Aww thank you :)

that sounds sad edna.....but I know what you mean, we dont have to put ourselves in those situations but it also means we might have a long lonely life ahead ......:(

you are flippin gorgeous too, someone is missing out big time :)

Mm, I think I've got the women think you're great, men don't gene, as I call it. A famous person who has probably got that is someone like Sharleen Spiteri. I think she's fab and gorgeous - men don't. I've also got a bit of the Lisa Tarbucks about me - great fun and a mate but not sexually alluring.*

I've got tons of male friends who I go out socially with regularly but they don't think of me in a sexual way at all. Not that I do them either but the couple of them I have had feelings for, I know don't feel like that about me.

At the moment, I'm on the job hunt so that's taking all my confidence at the moment, so even vaguely looking for a man is off the agenda.Can't take any more rejection than necessary!

I don't know what the answer is - I would say you are great but men are blind. I think you just have to get drunk and hope someone else has needed dutch courage too!

* I don't mean I look like either of these people. I mean i've got their qualities.

I always wonder why women see themselves as complete when they are in a relationship and think that somehow they are inadequate if they arent.

Confidence is about self belief. Thats all it is really,you know the famous quote that Henry Ford said..

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."

-- Henry Ford

Being by yourself enables you to take stock of yourself and, having to do everything for yourself rather than relying on a partner to do it for you gives great self confidence. There are many things that you think you cant do ,but being pushed in to doing something due to the fact that there is only you to do it means that eventually you get to realise that the one true dependable person is yourself.

You are special so look after yourself..

I always wonder why women see themselves as complete when they are in a relationship and think that somehow they are inadequate if they arent.

Confidence is about self belief. Thats all it is really,you know the famous quote that Henry Ford said..

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."

-- Henry Ford

Being by yourself enables you to take stock of yourself and, having to do everything for yourself rather than relying on a partner to do it for you gives great self confidence. There are many things that you think you cant do ,but being pushed in to doing something due to the fact that there is only you to do it means that eventually you get to realise that the one true dependable person is yourself.

You are special so look after yourself..

Espadrille, I don't know you but I do know Shaznay a bit and she's a person who is not backward in coming forward and looks out for herself as I'm sure everyone who knows me on here would say I am.

It's not about knowing yourself, it's about knowing yourself so blooming well:hihi: that it would be nice for someone else to get to know you intimately as well but if I read Shaznay rightly, that's got to be the right person, not just any old one. Both of us do lots of stuff with friends and for ourselves, and just think it would be nice occasionally to share it with someone whose a bit special to us. But in my case, it's not at the top of my priority list now but is definitely on the list, I don't want to spend the rest of my life a spinster!

• 11 months later...

Archived