Tasers - Should they be used in the UK?

I am for them if used by the right people in the right circumstances.

I have seen a few of these Cops type shows from America and they seem to use them way too aggressively. Even minor things like not sitting down quick enough seems to get people shocked.

In Meadowhall I saw one of south Yorkshire's finest taser six people just so he could first in the queue at the Thorntons chocolate fountain.

If he'd have dropped a stink bomb from a joke shop that would have sufficed:hihi:

I am for them if used by the right people in the right circumstances.

I have seen a few of these Cops type shows from America and they seem to use them way too aggressively. Even minor things like not sitting down quick enough seems to get people shocked.

When attempting to subdue a violent person with the possibility that he may be under the influence of drugs what's better. Taser or night stick?

No bruised heads and bloodied noses with a taser.

Night stick by the way is what American cops carry as opposed to trucheons carried by British PCs

When attempting to subdue a violent person with the possibility that he may be under the influence of drugs what's better. Taser or night stick?

No bruised heads and bloodied noses with a taser.

Night stick by the way is what American cops carry as opposed to trucheons carried by British PCs

No need for it if there are 4-6 officers present. Tasers always carry the slim chance of triggering a heart attack or interfering with pace makers.

I don't like them. They're too easy an option and the option will be abused.

I agree. It's not the technology that bothers me, I think non-lethal force is a great idea for some situations, but I can't find it in me to trust those that wield this technology. It should only be used in the most extreme circumstances, but the police have been too trigger happy to date using them on people who disobey them rather than people who pose a serious risk.

Archived