Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

... So that seems to me you think (cut for brevity) ...
...'or something worthwhile' ... was the bit you cut. Did you think no-one would notice? To me a worthless degree is just that, not worth losing your reputation and or dignity over. If she was hoping to become a brain surgeon or something equally useful, maybe. But in the long term, I think it would be counter-productive to her career in any serious position. As I have explained repeatedly, due only to the prevailing societal attitudes, nothing else. Sadly these attitudes are mainly promulgated by men, with occasional sycophantic backing from misguided females.

Does it? Does it really? That sounds like about the weakest 'support' you could come up with. It's about as scientific as chem1sts economic theories.

Yes, I believe that it does. It reinforces views that we've been trying to rid ourselves of for years. Does it have to be scientific? Do you have evidence to the contrary then?

Are you actually reading the thread or just jumping in with both feet? Frank S set up a hypothetical (unlikely) situation and asked me for my honest opinion, I gave it.

Aren't we entitled to an opinion anymore, unless it chimes with yours/the prevailing mood?

Everytime I come back to the PC there's 4 more pages. I skim it, so if I missed a hypothetical then I'll have to apologise.

We're certainly all entitled to opinions. You and Suff happen to have opinions about the male psyche which I personally feel qualified to judge and to correct. If I start talking about how women see things, then feel free to correct me.

I thought the entire thread was over when I shot down the idea that strip clubs and bunnies were all about some sort of power trip. But no, that angle was dropped and another quickly picked up, it's like arguing with an octopus, pin down a tentacle of the objection to strip clubs and another justification for opposition pops up (maybe hydra would be a better analogy)...

Yes, I believe that it does. It reinforces views that we've been trying to rid ourselves of for years. Does it have to be scientific? Do you have evidence to the contrary then?

It's your assertion, I don't need evidence to the contrary.

The fact that various male 'pundits' have been wheeled out to debate with those in opposition to the new club have almost without exception all made the statement that it's harmless and fun supports this theory.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you meant here. But you've said (and I'll paraphrase), the fact that the people who argued in favour of the new club say that it's harmless and fun supports your theory that it's not harmless and fun.

It's a tautological nonsense.

I might as well say that the fact that you say it's not harmless fun, supports the idea that it's only harmless fun.

Ah, Mr Prime, but what if hollie11 isn't slim or limber enough to dance around a pole?

We must have equality, being a minger shouldn't stop her from having the same advantages as her prettier sisters. After all her degree is going to cost her the same, she's not going to get a 'bulldog face' deduction, is she?

Maybe there could be special clubs for the ugly people, or a bag on the head might suffice? She should have her chance to make shedloads of money taking her clothes off for money, I won't accept anything else for her.

The bulldog cliche is tedious after all these years, apart from the fact that it consigns most women into the dustbin it ignores the fact that the most famous feminist of all Germaine Greer was a beauty in her prime. Maybe it's inappropriate to mention that but a lot of dummies forget that the shaven headed uglies are as much of a press invention as Jim Callaghan saying "crisis? What crisis?".

Everytime I come back to the PC there's 4 more pages. I skim it, so if I missed a hypothetical then I'll have to apologise.

We're certainly all entitled to opinions. You and Suff happen to have opinions about the male psyche which I personally feel qualified to judge and to correct. If I start talking about how women see things, then feel free to correct me.

I thought the entire thread was over when I shot down the idea that strip clubs and bunnies were all about some sort of power trip. But no, that angle was dropped and another quickly picked up, it's like arguing with an octopus, pin down a tentacle of the objection to strip clubs and another justification for opposition pops up (maybe hydra would be a better analogy)...

You reckon that paying for membership for access to a private club to be waited on and served by women dressed sexily and being expected to tip them heavily is nothing to do with power? The whole experience is about buying the company of beautiful women. Money = power.

It's your assertion, I don't need evidence to the contrary.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you meant here. But you've said (and I'll paraphrase), the fact that the people who argued in favour of the new club say that it's harmless and fun supports your theory that it's not harmless and fun.

It's a tautological nonsense.

I might as well say that the fact that you say it's not harmless fun, supports the idea that it's only harmless fun.

The fact that those in favour of the whole Playboy concept are arguing that it's harmless and fun and promoting the idea that treating women as sex objects, provided that there is no violence or actual sex involved, is harmless and fun.

It is not just my assertion, it's a widely held view amongst feminists and as I said, is a theory.

See - it's not nice is it? I apologise for any offence Harley, but that's exactly the same sort of stupid, coarse and disrespectful thing your son and yourself were doing isn't it?

You/he knew nothing about those women beyond your own preconceptions - and those 'scrubbers' are somebodies daughters, mums, girlfriends or wives.

Nice girls dont dont hang around military bases or sell their bodies for booze, treats and money.

You can call a dog in a stable a horse but that doesn't make it a horse. They are what they are

The bulldog cliche is tedious after all these years, apart from the fact that it consigns most women into the dustbin it ignores the fact that the most famous feminist of all Germaine Greer was a beauty in her prime. Maybe it's inappropriate to mention that but a lot of dummies forget that the shaven headed uglies are as much of a press invention as Jim Callaghan saying "crisis? What crisis?".
But she did say it, post 607 ... bulldog face feminists ... her very words ...

tut, holly11, Mr Prime is cross with you now ... you're being tedious ;)

I'm even better looking than Germaine, and much less strident, but it still makes me giggle when people talk about hairy, dungaree wearing, bulldog faced Millie Tants. It doesn't put us lipstick lovelies down at all, because we know it has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with fairness.

Archived