Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

But running through this thread is the theory that these clubs as part of the Playboy Empire encourages men to see women as sexual objects and increases the risk of rape and sexual assaults on women.

That was the whole point of the protest so shouldn't this part of the process of sexualisation be removed ?

Something else that has been running through the thread is scepticism as regards the claim that Playboy causes rape and requests for evidence to substantiate it.

Anti-sex feminists seem content to simply point to unpleasant things that happen to women in our society, point to the sex industry assert that the latter causes the former and that consequently Playboy and the rest should be banned.

I at least am completely unconvinced by such specious reasoning and require some rather convincing evidence to support these claims before even contemplating the drastic step of invoking the coercive power of the state to restrict peoples basic freedoms by seeking to further criminalise the sex industry.

Something else that has been running through the thread is scepticism as regards the claim that Playboy causes rape and requests for evidence to substantiate it.

Anti-sex feminists seem content to simply point to unpleasant things that happen to women in our society, point to the sex industry assert that the latter causes the former and that consequently Playboy and the rest should be banned.

I at least am completely unconvinced by such specious reasoning and require some rather convincing evidence to support these claims before even contemplating the drastic step of invoking the coercive power of the state to restrict peoples basic freedoms by seeking to further criminalise the sex industry.

Can you refer to any posts where anyone has claimed that 'Playboy causes rape?'

Also I find it amazing that they seem to defend a womans right to act in any way she wants but protest about the man in charge of the clubs when it is the women willingly working there who are actually creating the image of sexualisation.

I also do not think the majority of men see women as sex objects but as individuals with or without sexual attractiveness for them.

Think feminist should realise that women are not forced to be playboy bunnies, and it's actually a lot of girls I know would love to be.

I think it's a lot of fuss over nothing.

What about make strippers??? How many people have seen the full monty???

Just don't get what fuss is about

Typical bleeding heart liberal, a bit nasty underneath it all...:hihi:

On the other hand, his joke was spontaneous and funny, whereas you have reverted to the same cliched phrases you always used to use: eg 'lentil eater' or 'sandal wearer' 'bleeding heart libeeral' etc.

Frank Sidney: 0

Chris Sleeps: 1

Shame really, I was actually begining to think that maybe you weren't a cardboard cutout with a tape player. :hihi:

A couple have (but at least one of those is what I would class as an "extremist"). Even more have said they see nothing wrong with these places.

All the intelligent ones have.

So I take it you missed the post about the student who worked in one of these places to pay for their university fees? That sounds like it has had a liberating effect for at least one person (they are liberated from the years of debt that would have beckoned otherwise).

Great for the student, rubs her norks in some perverts face degrading the female race as a result and put the feminist movement back 20 years for the sake of a few quid- mum would be proud.

Great for the student, rubs her norks in some perverts face degrading the female race as a result and put the feminist movement back 20 years for the sake of a few quid- mum would be proud.

Precisely, so why aren,t the feminist protestors targeting these women or other women in his organisation instead of Mr Heffner ?

Archived