Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

I don't think it's overt. It's not "grooming" as in noncing. More a subtle planting of ideas. Maybe that is how I should've phrased it. I'm going to have to make some concessions here to have my loopy taken off me. :)

I don't know why but that really does cut quite deep. I've tried to explain myself. I've never said I would shut the clubs, I've never said I would stop the empire. I've defended the protestors right to protest, I've put forward their ideas, and my only complaint has been that I don't like Playboy marketting themselves to children.

Dressing women up as bunnies is demeaning, it is outdated. That isn't reason enough to put a law in to stop them doing so, but it is reason enough to protest.

No one forces anyone to dress as Bunnies Chris, so what's the problem, the protests and protestors actually make little or no difference to anything !

I wasn't one of them. I just defend their right to do so. S'up to them.
So why not equally defend the right of a pretty girl to use her looks to earn a living?

Or the rights of the people who legally and without malice frequent the sorts of establishments that employ dancing girls/bunny girls/cocktail witresses et al?

Or do you only choose to defend the rights of those whose objections match your own?

So why not equally defend the right of a pretty girl to use her looks to earn a living?

I have. Post #757.

If a woman openly chooses to sell her body then who I am to stop her? The same with sex, sexual contact, sexual encounter, pictures, underwear; ad nauseum. ;)

I don't think it's overt. It's not "grooming" as in noncing. More a subtle planting of ideas. Maybe that is how I should've phrased it. I'm going to have to make some concessions here to have my loopy taken off me. :)

I don't know why but that really does cut quite deep. I've tried to explain myself. I've never said I would shut the clubs, I've never said I would stop the empire. I've defended the protestors right to protest, I've put forward their ideas, and my only complaint has been that I don't like Playboy marketting themselves to children.

Dressing women up as bunnies is demeaning, it is outdated. That isn't reason enough to put a law in to stop them doing so, but it is reason enough to protest.

Chris, the main reason people are criticising the protest is because the feminists wanted woman to have the right to do whatever they wanted and

when women dress willingly as Bunnies for payment and enable Playboy clubs to exist which the feminists protest against we have a massive dose of hypocrisy.

As I have pointed out earlier these feminists do not seem to be protesting against the women who enable the Playboy empire to exist.

Chris, the main reason people are criticising the protest is because the feminists wanted woman to have the right to do whatever they wanted and

when women dress willingly as Bunnies for payment and enable Playboy clubs to exist which the feminists protest against we have a massive dose of hypocrisy.

Which has been my argument all along. They (feminists) fought for sexual equality, and are now fighting against women using the rights fought for them by .... errrmmm ... feminists. Rather hypocritical, to say the least.

Once shown to be hypocrites, they divert to another issue, then another, then another (to the point where Playboy is considered a facilitator to rape/sexual harassment to being "child groomers"). Which is plain madness.

Which has been my argument all along. They (feminists) fought for sexual equality, and are now fighting against women using the rights fought for them by .... errrmmm ... feminists. Rather hypocritical, to say the least.

Once shown to be hypocrites, they divert to another issue, then another, then another (to the point where Playboy is considered a facilitator to rape/sexual harassment to being "child groomers"). Which is plain madness.

If I wanted to be provocative I could say Playboy should be congratulated for giving women the opportunity to act as they wish and pay them for it.

Archived