Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

Chris, the main reason people are criticising the protest is because the feminists wanted woman to have the right to do whatever they wanted and ... .
When was that, actually? I can't remember a time when 'the feminists' were wanting women to have the right to do whatever they wanted?

To be able to vote, yes. To have equality, yes. To have equal pay for equal work, yes. To have rights to our own bodies, our children, our money and property, yes. But the right to do whatever we wanted? No, don't remember that one at all.

I think that's just in your head. :suspect:

When was that, actually? I can't remember a time when 'the feminists' were wanting women to have the right to do whatever they wanted?

To be able to vote, yes. To have equality, yes. To have equal pay for equal work, yes. To have rights to our own bodies, our children, our money and property, yes. But the right to do whatever we wanted? No, don't remember that one at all.

Ah selective rights, as proposed by those in the right, nice one :wink:

I think with regards to children, money and property, many women have had a good share of 'rights', particularly in the divorce courts, but hey that's another subject !

If you read some of the posts you will realise some of the things the feminists wanted was for women to be able to dress in any way they wanted, be prostitutes etc.

I appreciate your points were the views of the majority of feminists which I think all men would support.

To have rights to our own bodies ... yes.

Which is precisely the right being exercised by the women that work in these clubs. Why fight against that which has been obtained?:confused:

If I wanted to be provocative I could say Playboy should be congratulated for giving women the opportunity to act as they wish and pay them for it.

I've been tempted on occasion:hihi:.

... when women dress willingly as Bunnies for payment and enable Playboy clubs to exist which the feminists protest against we have a massive dose of hypocrisy.

But they aren't protesting against the club. Only if they want to stop women choosing how to work would they be hypocrites.

It's possible to be both against Playboy and in favour of someones right to read it, visit it and work for it. It's ideological, not literal. That is my understanding of it anyway.

Archived