Does anyone remember these songs

A couple of weeks ago i met up with two former members of the Square Circles. Alan Dale, lead singer,and Phil Clare, lead guitarist, we have not seen each other since we split up in the sixties.

Alan Dale brought with him a battered old note book which we wrote down the songs we used to do at the gigs we were at, this book is about 45 years old, there are some really great songs written in it, see if you can remember any.

Doctor Feelgood - Poison Ivy - Love potion No 9 - Walking the Dog - Road Runner - Route 66 - Skinny Minnie - Young Blood - You'd Better Move On - Too much Monkey Business - Duke of Earl - Talkin' about You - Send her back to Georgia - It's Alright - Didley Daddy - Got my Mojo Workin' - Stagerlee - Git It- King Bee - Tell Me - Little Queenie - Hundred Pounds of Clay - Scratch-Scratch - Mother in Law - Honey Don't - Ya-Ya - She's a Rebel - Kansas City.

No, I can't remember some of them either, but we had some good times playing them. Happy Days.

Doctor Feelgood - Poison Ivy - Love potion No 9 - Walking the Dog - Road Runner - Route 66 - Skinny Minnie - Young Blood - You'd Better Move On - Too much Monkey Business - Duke of Earl - Talkin' about You - Send her back to Georgia - It's Alright - Didley Daddy - Got my Mojo Workin' - Stagerlee - Git It- King Bee - Tell Me - Little Queenie - Hundred Pounds of Clay - Scratch-Scratch - Mother in Law - Honey Don't - Ya-Ya - She's a Rebel - Kansas City.

Some real classics there! "Honey Don't" and "Kansas City" were both covered by The Beatles. "You'd Better Move On" & "Too much Monkey Business" were covered by The Stones. "Route 66" is on every rocker's playlist.

Those were certainly the days

:headbang:

when I was following the Square Circles around they also sang songs from Wayne Fontana's album - I can hum the tunes but cannot remember the titles

"Um Um Um Um Um Um"

&

"Pamela Pamela"??

Mind you - he did cover a lot of songs on the above list (Wayne, that is)

"Love Potion No. 9"

&

"Duke of Earl"

To name but two...

okay bushbaby

i guess I asked for um etc

however I have been up the loft and found out the album

the 2 songs I was thinking about are

"she's got the power" and "certain girl" possibly "where have you been"

as well.

the price is still on the album

it cost me £1-13s-1d old money

the album came out the same time as Um etc but it was not featured on this album simply called Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders.

Detroit public tv(no ads) brings them all back every few weeks when they are on a fund drive, they play to packed house with many of the same old artist's a lot of them can still sing as good 50yrs later

Archived