Dirt bike bicycle review

This seems to be the issue. Halfords advertise it as a dirt jump bike and the price is attractive as a starter bike but if it won't stand any jumping there's not much point in buying it. My son seems keen on the dirt jumping but I'm not sure how long this will last and I don't want to spend a fortune on something which he won't use. Can anyone recommend any other bikes which might be better for around the same price (£150 - £170). We could go second-hand but you never know what you're getting. At this stage he'll only be using it on tracks like the one at Bole Hills and in the woods.

Cheers

I've ridden this bike before, although admittedly it was a 2009 model.

The bike is far too heavy and i wouldn't of fancied riding it at that age to be honest.

It would handle small jumps fine but like has already been said it wouldn't fair too well with larger jumps.

Depending on what your son fancies, a BMX is more than suitable for Bole Hills, there easy to jump and cheap.

Best asking your son what it is he wants...

My son has one that's a couple of years old. Overall it's stood up to some severe jump abuse and the only significant thing we have had to do that I suspect is caused by jumping is adjust the bottom bracket after it's become loose. We did replace the brake levers because the ones supplied on the bike were plastic/resin (the showroom model had metal ones but we didn't spot this 'till later).

Overall I think it's been a good bike for the price.

HTH

Archived