Your memories of Sheffield past.

I remember the gentlemen's club, the building is still there, I suppose there are no gentlemen left. ;) I can only remember Wilks hardware store, it was very big for it's day, and stretched to Sycamore Street, where it had an exit. The big gates (I think) are where the old chapel stood, prior to M&S's loading bay.

hiya the big gates were on the lefthand side just past milk st, it was 1945/6 when my aunt would come for a visit to us on bath st when she was going home we ,mum ,gram, me, used to walk her and my baby cousin in her pram, to the bus stop ,i still remember the way we went it was, along bath st, then on wellington st, over to cross burgess st, down past suggs, and the army stores in st pauls parade,onto union st past town hall down norfolk st to fitzallan square past the phone boxes outside post office down the steps at the rear to the bus stop below, it was the wybourne bus she caught.

Hello everyone, All this has brought back memories of living in Sheffield all those years ago.

There is one place I remember very fondly but I don't know the street name and that was the Ocelot Cafe or Felis Pardalis.

Best steaks in town, that's all they did.

Pete Stringfellow was always in there and occasionally entertainers would drop in very late on Saturday night, Mike and Bernie Winters, the New Faces to name just a few.

hiya the big gates were on the lefthand side just past milk st, it was 1945/6 when my aunt would come for a visit to us on bath st when she was going home we ,mum ,gram, me, used to walk her and my baby cousin in her pram, to the bus stop ,i still remember the way we went it was, along bath st, then on wellington st, over to cross burgess st, down past suggs, and the army stores in st pauls parade,onto union st past town hall down norfolk st to fitzallan square past the phone boxes outside post office down the steps at the rear to the bus stop below, it was the wybourne bus she caught.

I wonder if they were the entrance to Wilks loading bay, remember I'm just a youngster. :rolleyes:

From somewhere right at the back of my not-so-good memory, I remember something about a chinese restaurant on or near Norfolk Street that the environmental health closed down for having skinned dogs hanging up in their freezer! (Or did I just dream this?) :roll:

I don't remember the skinned dogs story, thankfully, but there was a Chinese restaurant on the corner of Norfolk St and Surrey St. It was called the Concord, The entrance was on the corner and you went down a flight of stairs to it. We would go there in the 60's if the Golden Dragon was full.