Your memories of Sheffield past.

Hello everyone, All this has brought back memories of living in Sheffield all those years ago.

There is one place I remember very fondly but I don't know the street name and that was the Ocelot Cafe or Felis Pardalis.

Best steaks in town, that's all they did.

Pete Stringfellow was always in there and occasionally entertainers would drop in very late on Saturday night, Mike and Bernie Winters, the New Faces to name just a few.

The Ocelot was for the guys who hadn't pulled, and the ones who had and wanted to show off. :hihi:

The bank at the top of Norfolk St was Sheffield Savings Bank.

I opened an account in about 1956, Later to be TSB.

The Mulberry Pub was there, entrance on Mulberry St, The clinic was not there until later around early 70's

hazel

The Ocelot was for the guys who hadn't pulled, and the ones who had and wanted to show off. :hihi:

I pulled - I convinced this lad that he and his girlfriend were not compatible, astrologically speaking, so he finished with her and she moved in with me down Abbeydale Road.

Hello everyone, All this has brought back memories of living in Sheffield all those years ago.

There is one place I remember very fondly but I don't know the street name and that was the Ocelot Cafe or Felis Pardalis.

Best steaks in town, that's all they did.

Pete Stringfellow was always in there and occasionally entertainers would drop in very late on Saturday night, Mike and Bernie Winters, the New Faces to name just a few.

Nah ! Best Steaks were in the little place just up from Fitzallen Sq by Cole Bros. I think it was called the Steak House but not sure.

A friend of mine was a top city car dealer and he would take his customers to the Grosvenor hotel for lunch but we convinced him to try the Ocelot - then he started taking his customers to the Ocleot.

Nah ! Best Steaks were in the little place just up from Fitzallen Sq by Cole Bros. I think it was called the Steak House but not sure.

Did you mean Marsden's on Arundel Gate?

Burgers on the Ground Floor, Steak House on the First Floor & Fish Restaurant on the Second?

A long way from Coles or even Coles Corner.

No This was just a 1 story, top end restaurant just up from the square. Might not have been Cole Brothers unless it was there before they built the new one by City Hall. Memory's failed me on that one.

No This was just a 1 story, top end restaurant just up from the square. Might not have been Cole Brothers unless it was there before they built the new one by City Hall. Memory's failed me on that one.

I think it must have been in the row of temporary single storey buildings that stood between the new Marples and Walshes before Arundel Gate was cut.