Do you get your 5 a day

Today I had 2 portions of fruit with breakfast (blackberries and an apple) then lunch was home made chicken and vegetable soup which included at least one portion each of onions and carrots, and that was followed by 2 oranges. Dinner was home made risotto including onion, leek, courgette, cauliflower, green beans and mushrooms, so if I had half a portion of each of them that was another 3 portions, and it was followed by a banana.

Tobacco is a vegetable.

Vodka is made from tatoes.

Wine is made from grapes

And cider is made from apples.

Glass of orange juice in the morning with some vodka, couple of pints of cider with your lunch and few bottles of plonk in an evening. JOB DONE!

I eat about 3/4 portions of fruit a day, but I sometimes have to force myself with vegetables. Unless in a stir fry, where I like peppers, spring onion & mushroom.

I have noticed though that fruit has become expensive in the last few years - or perhaps it's me that's becoming more impoverished

Today I had 2 portions of fruit with breakfast (blackberries and an apple) then lunch was home made chicken and vegetable soup which included at least one portion each of onions and carrots, and that was followed by 2 oranges. Dinner was home made risotto including onion, leek, courgette, cauliflower, green beans and mushrooms, so if I had half a portion of each of them that was another 3 portions, and it was followed by a banana.

When you look at it like that it is quite easy to get your five a day and still enjoy your meals. I think people just need to cut out the quick, easy processed junk and rediscover the joys of real food. :)

Take fruit to work and try to avoid all the cakes,biccies,chocolate!! have fresh veg most nights but i up the intake with wine as its fruit and it has to be good for you dosent it?? I think if you just eat choc ect now and again then its fine after all who wants to be on a diet forever not me

Archived