No of households where no one has ever worked doubled under Labour

That is of course right which made the withdrawal of it by the ConDems before the evidence came in such a bad idea.....

http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd5/ih2011-2012/ihr1.pdf

.... Now we have the evidence it shows that decision was wrong because it was successful in creating proper jobs for the long term unemployed after the subsidies ran out.

I think you should read your own link..

How can this be evidence. The actual analysis ( quantative) is reporting back early 2012 as it says in the report

Taken from the report..

This study comprised in-depth qualitative telephone interviews with 89 FJF participants, who according to DWP records had recently completed their six

month post at the time of the interview.

As this study used qualitative techniques, it provides an in-depth view of the experiences of participants interviewed but is not designed to be

representative of all FJF participants. However, participants were purposively sampled to ensure representation from a range of age groups and disadvantaged sub-groups in order to capture a spectrum of views across a wide range of different customers.

They only sampled 89 participants. Hardly representative really.

Maybe you should get the specifics as to how many of those were actually in paid employment as a result of the scheme and how much taxpayers money was used to fund it.

People will still age and breed without employment... You can't keep em is aspic until they are ready to accept responsibility for themselves :)

Leave home, get a council flat with or without a boyfriend/girlfriend/child and then you have a new workless household...

This annoys me. I work full time and can't afford my own place. I won't be given a council house because I work, have got no kids and I haven't got a drink or drugs problem.

Work-less households have little incentive to become working households.

The majority of wages will be consumed by loss of council tax & housing benefit, NI and tax.

Effective marginal tax rates can exceed 100%, this is without taking into account the cost of so called 'public' transport.

This annoys me. I work full time and can't afford my own place. I won't be given a council house because I work, have got no kids and I haven't got a drink or drugs problem.

Lot's of single workers rent housing association properties - and they tend to be a bit nicer than council estates...

Work-less households have little incentive to become working households.

The majority of wages will be consumed by loss of council tax & housing benefit, NI and tax.

Effective marginal tax rates can exceed 100%, this is without taking into account the cost of so called 'public' transport.

Those who work earn the same or less than those on benefits, in your opinion? Why do you think people continue to work? Self respect? Planning for the future? The need to do something with the day?

Or to put food on the tables of those who opt out?

Those who work earn the same or less than those on benefits, in your opinion? Why do you think people continue to work? Self respect? Planning for the future? The need to do something with the day?

Or to put food on the tables of those who opt out?

They are marginally better off. (Around 100 000 or so people in the UK earn less through working than they could claim on benefits - they have effective tax rates above 100% and the superrich moan over a 50% tax on incomes over £100 000!)

Benefits of £200/week vs £240 for working 16 hours-30 hours depending on age and family size.

Benefits and minimum wage should be higher.

In Florida now there trying to pass a law that anyone wanting to claim welfare benefits has to take a drug test first and pay for it themselves, if the test is clean the State will pay for the test.

In Florida now there trying to pass a law that anyone wanting to claim welfare benefits has to take a drug test first and pay for it themselves, if the test is clean the State will pay for the test.

And if they are unsuccessful the drug users will be forced in to a life of crime?

That sounds like a good way to expand the numbers of people in prison and an expensive policy.

Archived