Books about Wilson

About 50 odd years ago (possibly even longer) there were some books published about a guy called Wilson ( there may have been some stories about him in comics of that time). Wilson was some sort of super human who lived in a cave and was a super athlete, footballer and cricketer. Can anyone remember the books/stories? If so can you remember what the exact titles were, and who wrote the stories?

In the comics it was titled "The amazing feats of a man named wilson", i believe it was in "the HOTSPER",but not certain.He was one of my favourites imagine!a man who could run barefoot in the snow,etc.etc.What a vivid imagination we kids had[bEFOR T/V}and what wonderful hero's.happy days.

I believe he was in the Wizard in the forties I remember reading about him and also after he disappeared for a while they had a series "Is Wilson back" with the last story the words being reversed to Wilson is back. Remember him well, also the cricketer Willie Wallop and many more

I used to visit an aunt who had a cupboard by the side of the fireplace full of books and comics. I used to put the comics in order and have a mamoth reading of Wilson, My Hero, who ran up and down mountains with bare feet in the snow, dressed only in a black tunic, who could play football etc and win matches because of his superier training.

About the same time I discovered Biggles.

hazel

There was in one of those comics a Chinese type guy called Clicka Ba, his weapon was an old cricket bat with wire wound around it. Can't remember which one, I watched the newsagents like a hawk waiting for the next issue.

There was in one of those comics a Chinese type guy called Clicka Ba, his weapon was an old cricket bat with wire wound around it. Can't remember which one, I watched the newsagents like a hawk waiting for the next issue.

I think this was the Wolf of Kabul.

Archived