Are the reflections of objects actually objects or just optical illusions ?

Still don't understand your question then. If you just see something normally the image is upside down when it reaches the back of your eye, the brain compensates for this ... it would compensate for a reverse image through a mirror in short period of time too.

Experiments have shown that when a person is suspended upside down, the brain rights the image very quickly.

The fascinating thing to me is that the light from an image is just a load of photons translated into electrical impulses that the brain then decodes.

Who's to know if the sky (in reality) is actually red but we perceive it as blue? Green could be pink!

A painter could be looking at a green grass field which is actually red and he uses what he perceives as red paint (which is green) to faithfully represent it.

This is my theory anyway.:)

That's a valid theory. Certainly makes you think:confused:

An image is never the actual object and just a reflection in time. The only difference I can think of is that you directly observe objects in 3D whereas the reflections of those objects in mirrors etc are in 2D.

My depth perception works perfectly when using a mirror, I don't know about you!

Archived