A very weird experience !!

I once went to look round a house for sale, and on entering this room, felt that I had been there before. Weird isnt it Joan ?

This one i can solve.

I met you and after several drinks,went back to mine.My house was up for sale at that time,and the room you mentioned was the bedroom.:love:

There you go Pattricia! Aaah! Fond memories.;)

I was walking past a large cemetery in Ayr a couple of years ago. I happened to glance over at one gravestone(before i crossed the road) It had my surname, and my birthday date.The person was male and died aged 50 odd.I'm 42 male and i was crapping my kegs!

I used to have a dream where I saw a white building on a hill at the end of a street. The road i tavelled down had grass and trees on the left side. It took me about 30 years to figure out what I was seeing - it was the road into Rotherham ... Weird

This one i can solve.

I met you and after several drinks,went back to mine.My house was up for sale at that time,and the room you mentioned was the bedroom.:love:

There you go Pattricia! Aaah! Fond memories.;)

Yes, what a night that was !!;)

I used to have a dream where I saw a white building on a hill at the end of a street. The road i tavelled down had grass and trees on the left side. It took me about 30 years to figure out what I was seeing - it was the road into Rotherham ... Weird

I dreamt I was sitting outside a whitewashed building having a coffee at a table, in the sun.

The following year I went to Greece,and on a day trip, found myself sitting outside the same white building having a coffee in the sun.!:suspect:

Opposite with me....when I went to Japan a few years ago I was taken to see a big buddah that you could go inside.....I felt that I had been there before, I knew that if we went this certain way we would find a door....it was quite dark in there but I knew exactly where we were to go......I had that feeling stay with me for quite a while after I came home.

I've experienced this a few times Pat, even in cities I know I'm visiting for the first time. A couple of times I remembered them from dreams and other times I have no idea how I've seen them before. It is a very strange sensation when it happens.

This is dejavu though - it's caused by one side of the brain registering what you are seeing earlier than the other side - so it seems that you have seen it before, as you have, but just seconds earlier...

What the OP mentions is something that is already known to her - she thought she had drove through a area that is already familiar before she did... It seems like she has switched off a little when she was driving and being on auto pilot they expected to see a certain area, and then they believed that they were seeing it...

I often see things that should be very familiar and they aren't! Buildings I see everyday that are suddenly alien! It seems that the brain is a very strange thing indeed, but that the OP and myself may have more to worry about than those who experience dejavu, as this happens to all of us at some point, but driving on autopilot and seeing what isn't there or not recognising things that should be familiar is worrying!

This is dejavu though - it's caused by one side of the brain registering what you are seeing earlier than the other side - so it seems that you have seen it before, as you have, but just seconds earlier...

What the OP mentions is something that is already known to her - she thought she had drove through a area that is already familiar before she did... It seems like she has switched off a little when she was driving and being on auto pilot they expected to see a certain area, and then they believed that they were seeing it...

I often see things that should be very familiar and they aren't! Buildings I see everyday that are suddenly alien! It seems that the brain is a very strange thing indeed, but that the OP and myself may have more to worry about than those who experience dejavu, as this happens to all of us at some point, but driving on autopilot and seeing what isn't there or not recognising things that should be familiar is worrying!

Yes, I must say it did worry me, and puzzle me. I seems almost like being able to see into the future. You are seeing something that you havent actually yet seen !!

Archived