A very weird experience !!

About 30 odd years ago when I was a kid there was a fish and chip shop an Abbeydale road called Rafos its long gone now though,one day I went for some chips there and as I stood there waiting I decided to scratch my name and evan the date and the name of my then girlfriend on the corner of the counter,a few years ago we were in Cyprus on holiday and walked into this dona kebab shop in Larnica and as I was stood at the counter I got this strange feeling come over me like I had been here before, as I kooked around I noticed made in Sheffield on the counter,I looked at the counter and it looked familiar,I ran my eyes along the edge and sure enough there was my name still there and clear scratched on the corner of the counter.

Now THAT is weird.

The first time I saw the Sutter Buttes I had the same feeling. I knew this place. The same with Table Mountain and the nearby town of Oroville, California and the Feather River. I once nagged my husband into going on a tour of the (now defunct) mines. Normally skittish about big, deep holes in the ground and the dark, none of it bothered me. On the contrary, as the rickety elevator descended, the sunlight above us receded, and the air became first cool, then downright cold, it all felt very familiar and I felt strangely calm.

Is there something more to this? Ehh, maybe, maybe not. All I know is, the couple times a year we drive through there, I annoy everyone in the car by insisting on stopping so I can take more pictures. :)

Archived