Pub of the year ?

Good - do pay the pub a visit if you can, I think this really is a venture worth supporting and will probably be a case of use it or lose it.

Yep definately

I asked for a beer to be served with a sparkler the other week and someone asked me if i was a camra member , i said yes, he said you cant when you are asking for a sparkler!.

I retorted it was how i liked my beer served!!.

Yep definately

I asked for a beer to be served with a sparkler the other week and someone asked me if i was a camra member , i said yes, he said you cant when you are asking for a sparkler!.

I retorted it was how i liked my beer served!!.

Normally it's Southern real ale drinkers asking for the sparklers to be taken off!

Agree 100% soul less place. Off to try the Blake hotel this weekend, as a fan of its sister pub the Sheaf View cant wait.

I notice the Railway near Hillsbrough has opened with real ales on..any feedback at all?

That is something I intend to do for exactly the same reason. Go to Sheaf View every Sunday dinner and love the place.

Again the CAMRA pub of the year is Kelham Island Tavern. I would like to know how the result can be classed as a fair result ? The fact that members of the committee work in this pub. Surely this is a conflict of interest.

Have to say I am a bigger fan of the Gardeners... That one wouldn't win though, as KIT does everything, dinners, big garden etc... Fat Cat is still a contender in my opinion though... Gardeners will always be my favourite though, as you don't get numpties going in as much as you do KIT and Cat, what with them being closer to town...

Sheaf view. Is my fab pub in sheff

Know what you mean - It's got a fantastic outdoor area and has some lovely beers on, but the staff always seem a bit surly? Never warmed to the people they get working there, as everything always seems a little bit too much trouble and never a warm welcome from any of them... If they were less surly, I'd probably go in a lot more as only live 10 mins away!

Visited the Blake hotel. Hilsbrough hotel and the bath amongst others on Saturday, the Blake was quiet, but good beer and a clean tidy pub, The Hillsbrough was a little busier, again no complaints, The Bath was far busier with a equally decent selection of beers.

Even the average bigger pubs in Walkley including the Punch and the Ball had a selection of real ale.

Not a bad pint all day !

I've just got back from Cleethorpes......God we're lucky here in Sheffield when it comes to real ale.

Best I could do was a nice pint of Hobgoblin and a Tiger Beer at the Worlds smallest pub.

Regards

Doom

Archived