Help needed to remember greaves st

Hello, My name is Fred Taylor and I went to school with Tony Towns and some others mentioned in this post. I remember feeling a bit jealous when Tony and his family emigrated to Australia. If Tony reads this I would like to say sorry for punching him on the nose on Greaves street on our way down from school. Sorry Tony.

The football player was Albert Broadbent he played for Sheffield Wednesday.

Albert Broadbent lived at 39 greaves st with his wife and daughter, of course in those days they were not millionaires, football was a job.

---------- Post added 15-01-2017 at 12:56 ----------

Hello, My name is Fred Taylor and I went to school with Tony Towns and some others mentioned in this post. I remember feeling a bit jealous when Tony and his family emigrated to Australia. If Tony reads this I would like to say sorry for punching him on the nose on Greaves street on our way down from school. Sorry Tony.

Hi Fred or as I remember you Freddy, I went to see my brother Tony and family in Ausralia in 2013 and we did a lot of remanising and you came up in conversation but he didn't mention getting punched on the nose. Sadly I can't pass on your apology as he passed away in 2014. His wife and two daughters live in the Melbourn area. you came as a blast from the past and its lovely to hear from you. hope you are well. regards ann

Hello Ann, It was nice to hear from you. I no longer live in the UK as we moved to Tenerife 14 years ago, we live in Los Cristianos, a lovely little town on the south coast.

Needless to say, we love it here.

Best wishes

Fred

Hi Fred thank you for repyling. So you moved to the sun and I can't blame you. I have never been to Tenerife I hear its very beautifull. sending best wishes. Ann