Help needed to remember greaves st

The Butcher family lived in Greaves St ....one of their sons Jim was my uncle he lived at 45 with his wife Vera...both now passed away..bless. His mum and dad had also lived in the street for years, they also had a son called Lol and a daughter whose name I have forgotten.

I remember a Mrs Paramore aswell who lived at 43 I think...I remember the outside toilets.... Brrrrr a bit cold in winter....

My aunt and uncle moved out to flats near the Grindstone Pub when the houses were demolished/

the girls name was Sylvia Butcher,i lived at 136 just above Laws shop,do you remember Hallams,Bockings,Crawshaws,Brays,Forsters,Greaham Reaney,Rowbothams,Brays,Johnsons,the other shops were Kelseys,Bentleys,& Hoggs chip shop,my maiden name was Rogers & my brother is Trevor,school head was Mr.Maltby others Bannister,Hall,Jones,Savage Miss Chadwick,Miss Marr,Miss Fenelon.....

the girls name was Sylvia Butcher,i lived at 136 just above Laws shop,do you remember Hallams,Bockings,Crawshaws,Brays,Forsters,Greaham Reaney,Rowbothams,Brays,Johnsons,the other shops were Kelseys,Bentleys,& Hoggs chip shop,my maiden name was Rogers & my brother is Trevor,school head was Mr.Maltby others Bannister,Hall,Jones,Savage Miss Chadwick,Miss Marr,Miss Fenelon.....

I'm Robert Bloomfield and played with your Trevor sometimes. Was 136 a back to back like 116 was? I remember many of the family names you mention. Hallams kept coal in the bath in their slop kitchen. You have missed Wrights shop off your list it was opposite Bentleys. I remember Beatie Hogg and being told off if you asked for mushy peas and hadn't brought your own basin or indeed newspaper. Do you remember my brother Richard and sisters Molly and Frances? We were all sent to Morley Street school because it was too far to return home at dinner time as my mother didn't want the bother of feeding us.

I Google Earth Greaves Street recently but it is so changed now I cannot make sense of the pictures, I have lived in London for over 30years but I'm still a little Sheffielder. Please remember me to your Trevor.

I'm Robert Bloomfield and played with your Trevor sometimes. Was 136 a back to back like 116 was? I remember many of the family names you mention. Hallams kept coal in the bath in their slop kitchen. You have missed Wrights shop off your list it was opposite Bentleys. I remember Beatie Hogg and being told off if you asked for mushy peas and hadn't brought your own basin or indeed newspaper. Do you remember my brother Richard and sisters Molly and Frances? We were all sent to Morley Street school because it was too far to return home at dinner time as my mother didn't want the bother of feeding us.

I Google Earth Greaves Street recently but it is so changed now I cannot make sense of the pictures, I have lived in London for over 30years but I'm still a little Sheffielder. Please remember me to your Trevor.

just sent Trevor a text he is aheavygoods driver & is in Belgium at present,he lives in Cardiff now,did you live in the yard just above Chaimberlins shop.yes ours was a back to back,those were the happy carefree days;):) i am 71+VAT now but remember those days with fondness,xx

If i put my mind back i could name a lot more people on both sides of the street from the very bottom up to the school...

So that was just below Bentleys corner shop. Were there some very old cottages there with pitch roofs. Probably one up and one down and possibly back to backs?

thats right,our grandma lived in Grammar Street facing Braldley Place,our cousins lived there too Andrea,Marilyn,John & Joanne Herring,can you remember Bramalls who lived just below what was a store for Parazone bleach? up the yard just below yours was a joinery shop run by Mr.Reaney if memory serves me right he used to make coffins there.can you remember when we used to have Bonfire in middle of road that everyone joined in then council had to come every year & retarmac road..all home made entertainment !!:D