Self defence or child abuse..you decide.

Whose fault is this?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Whose fault is this?

• The teacher.....she should be sacked and thrown in the slammer
    • The student.....he should be hung, drawn and quartered
    • Both of them.....any form of aggressive/violent behaviour should not be tolerated
    • Who gives a toss.....they're American, it's naturally a violent society so it's only to be expected.

Guest sibon
As has already been pointed out the door the teacher is backed up against opens outwards and not inwards, it is therefore not the exit from the classroom but to an interior room of some sort.

jb

It could easily be an exit into a corridor.

It might also be a cupboard.

As I've already said, you'd need far more information than you have to make a reasoned judgement on the rights and wrongs of this. Not that Sheffield Forum is the home of reasoned judgement:)

It is interesting to see all the jumping to conclusions on this thread.

Doors never open outward into a corridor, far to much chance of opening the door into someone walking past. They always open into a room.

As I've already said, you'd need far more information than you have to make a reasoned judgement on the rights and wrongs of this. Not that Sheffield Forum is the home of reasoned judgement:)

You can use the evidence available to draw some conclusions (about where the door goes for example).

There must be a history between the teacher and student here, surely? I would wager that for her to have reacted so extremely, this was not an isolated incident.

It dosent matter if theres "history" between them..:( this was a 64 yr old woman..(my age nearly)..:rolleyes:..he looks a big lad, he was intimidating her by his body language, god knows what he'd have done if she hadnt reacted as she did..

If some ignorant oaf had called me that, he would have had my knee in his undercrackers as hard as i could.

Lets face it she wouldnt have stood a chance as none of the students were coming to her aid were they..

The only time anyone moved was at the end after she had punched him...

It dosent matter if theres "history" between them..:( this was a 64 yr old woman..(my age nearly)..:rolleyes:..he looks a big lad, he was intimidating her by his body language, god knows what he'd have done if she hadnt reacted as she did..

It also doesn't matter how old she is, it's all about the actions. Anyone of any size or age can be intimidating. It's how you deal with it that matters.

Courtroom decisions that put people inside are made on less evidence, most don't have camera footage but still you want more. Let's call in Ban Ki-moon, CID, MI5 and the CIA, they can all discuss it for a few months and issue a report.

It also doesn't matter how old she is, it's all about the actions. Anyone of any size or age can be intimidating. It's how you deal with it that matters.

And having used repeated verbal warnings she used minimum force.

It's also worth noting that some ethnic minorities send their kids out of the UK to schools in the Caribbean or other places because they think UK schools are too lenient. Such kids do not have their natural spirit crushed out of them, they learn boundaries. That's the problem, for those seeing my views as Von Trapp militarism, all I want are boundaries. It seems that the limits are getting pushed further and further with each decade. That brat who threw a fire extinguisher off a roof on last years student demo turned riot is the ultimate extreme.

And having used repeated verbal warnings she used minimum force.

I'm all for the violence that she used, so I tend to agree, just reiterating the point that her age has nothing to do with anything, so don't see the reason that people keep making it an issue. He was in the wrong to intimidate her no matter how old she is.

I'm all for the violence that she used, so I tend to agree, just reiterating the point that her age has nothing to do with anything, so don't see the reason that people keep making it an issue. He was in the wrong to intimidate her no matter how old she is.

True. I guess people would feel less strong if he was trying it on with a 6ft PE teacher. It seems worse because it's a woman.

It's also worth noting that some ethnic minorities send their kids out of the UK to schools in the Caribbean or other places because they think UK schools are too lenient. Such kids do not have their natural spirit crushed out of them, they learn boundaries. That's the problem, for those seeing my views as Von Trapp militarism, all I want are boundaries. It seems that the limits are getting pushed further and further with each decade. That brat who threw a fire extinguisher off a roof on last years student demo turned riot is the ultimate extreme.

I remember hearing a woman on Radio 5 (I believe she was some form of authority in schools) who said that we shouldn't set boundaries for children as they try and break them. This was one of those occasions where I realised that listening to Radio 5 and driving could be hazardous to mine and other road user's health.

Archived