Self defence or child abuse..you decide.

Whose fault is this?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Whose fault is this?

• The teacher.....she should be sacked and thrown in the slammer
    • The student.....he should be hung, drawn and quartered
    • Both of them.....any form of aggressive/violent behaviour should not be tolerated
    • Who gives a toss.....they're American, it's naturally a violent society so it's only to be expected.

thing is looking at that video we didnt see what was before it.

being called a **** is not a reason for "self defense" im not sure being backed into the corner is tbh, somebody standing in your face is uncomfortable but not sure it warrents a punch? did she try walking away to the side? its hard to tell in that video

It's called a pre-emotive strike, and is covered under common law.

This basically means you do not have to wait to be assaulted before you strike someone. As long as the force is reasonable, and the person felt in immediate threat of a physical assault it's not justifiable.

The world has gone crazy, why on earth would a PUPIL back a teacher up against the wall?

It's called a pre-emotive strike, and is covered under common law.

This basically means you do not have to wait to be assaulted before you strike someone. As long as the force is reasonable, and the person felt in immediate threat of a physical assault it's not justifiable.

The world has gone crazy, why on earth would a PUPIL back a teacher up against the wall?

took his pokemon cards off him?

It's difficult to draw any hard and fast conclusion from this, based solely upon that article and the video clip, she clearly felt extremely threatened and intimidated (as would I) and reacted instinctively. I don't think that what she did is right in any sense but equally I cannot blame her.

It's difficult to draw any hard and fast conclusion from this, based solely upon that article and the video clip, she clearly felt extremely threatened and intimidated (as would I) and reacted instinctively. I don't think that what she did is right in any sense but equally I cannot blame her.

That kind of sums up my thinking - it may well be the case that she felt extremely frightened and in immediate danger of being assaulted.

As you say it doesn't make what she did laudable, but it does make it understandable.

I'd be wanting to know the history between teacher and pupil and to see what happened to lead up to the aggro.

That kind of sums up my thinking - it may well be the case that she felt extremely frightened and in immediate danger of being assaulted.

As you say it doesn't make what she did laudable, but it does make it understandable.

I'd be wanting to know the history between teacher and pupil and to see what happened to lead up to the aggro.

The only thing we seem to know so far is that she sent him to the Principal for licking the window and refusing to wash it off.....according to the Daily Fail (just thought I'd put that little disclaimer in there:)).

The only thing we seem to know so far is that she sent him to the Principal for licking the window and refusing to wash it off.....according to the Daily Fail (just thought I'd put that little disclaimer in there:)).

Not much to go on (and dodgy provenance too!) but that sounds like she'd maybe backed the situation into a corner so to speak with that one.

My gut feeling is that if that's the case, I'd query her behaviour management techniques....

There must be a history between the teacher and student here, surely? I would wager that for her to have reacted so extremely, this was not an isolated incident.

Archived