Self defence or child abuse..you decide.

Whose fault is this?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Whose fault is this?

• The teacher.....she should be sacked and thrown in the slammer
    • The student.....he should be hung, drawn and quartered
    • Both of them.....any form of aggressive/violent behaviour should not be tolerated
    • Who gives a toss.....they're American, it's naturally a violent society so it's only to be expected.

The problem Mr Prime is that, fundamentally, one's an adult and the other's a child and, in my experience, things only escalate to this degree when the teacher responds in a child like way to child like behavior from the student.

I wouldn't exactly say he was a 'child'.

You're stretching it a little, he was more of a young man.

For someone to be filming it was obviously set up to provoke the teacher and gain a reaction. A lot of young adults these days need to grow up, they are going to get a shock going into the real world!

I wouldn't exactly say he was a 'child'.

You're stretching it a little, he was more of a young man.

For someone to be filming it was obviously set up to provoke the teacher and gain a reaction. A lot of young adults these days need to grow up, they are going to get a shock going into the real world!

I suppose I should have used the term minor instead of child. Until a minor reaches the age of 18 they are automatically classed as vulnerable and a teacher should always teach with that in mind.

I suppose I should have used the term minor instead of child. Until a minor reaches the age of 18 they are automatically classed as vulnerable and a teacher should always teach with that in mind.

I would love to live in your Pollyanna world, but unfortunately REAL life is much more harsh!

I would love to live in your Pollyanna world, but unfortunately REAL life is much more harsh!

The problem is that your version of reality will continue while ever you carry on adopting that same 'wild west' mentality. Luckily, the vast majority of people don't live in your 'harsh reality'.

The problem is that your version of reality will continue while ever you carry on adopting that same 'wild west' mentality. Luckily, the vast majority of people don't live in your 'harsh reality'.

Take a look at the poll...perhaps it's you who's not with 'reality'

I think most people in the world do live in this reality. Are we restricting it to the UK? Nobody is suggesting aggressive teachers, we are suggesting teachers who react robustly to intimidation. I have seen teachers terrified, repeatedly asking pupils to sit who are storming toward them. The 'child' shouldn't even be out of his chair.

Archived