Should holding extremist views be made illegal?

V, you're confusing mental islamists with a deep haterd of us "kaffir" untermenschen with dreary people who think David Icke has the right idea and suspect a conspiracy in a 99 Flake.

The former are a dangerous set of loons who I expect the state to deal with for the safety of my nearest and dearest as they are more than a tad hostile to us, the latter are to be pitied and are not going to be shot in the face with a missile because missiles cost a lot of money and killing someone who thinks McDonalds are a zionist illuminati conspiracy to force us to invade Belgium with a big expensive missile is not going to be considered by anyone to be good value for money.

Fantastic! A brilliant summary, the self important latter are of no interest to anyone sane.

V, you're confusing mental islamists with a deep haterd of us "kaffir" untermenschen with dreary people who think David Icke has the right idea and suspect a conspiracy in a 99 Flake.

The former are a dangerous set of loons who I expect the state to deal with for the safety of my nearest and dearest as they are more than a tad hostile to us, the latter are to be pitied and are not going to be shot in the face with a missile because missiles cost a lot of money and killing someone who thinks McDonalds are a zionist illuminati conspiracy to force us to invade Belgium with a big expensive missile is not going to be considered by anyone to be good value for money.

Actually you're confusing the point of the thread. The government is expanding focus from tackling only the first type of group that you mention - the "mental islamists" as you put it, to excluding any group that they deem "doesn't fit with British values" whatever they decide those values might be.

Nobody's suggesting they'll bomb anybody (in this country at least), but actively excluding any group, particularly non-violent muslims, from the democratic process is a policy straight out of the text that Obelix suggested. It's totalitarian behaviour however ridiculously you try to detract from that.

It wasn't me confusing the two, it was Demos.

"It urges the government and secret services to be more open to stop extremist groups using conspiracy theories to discredit them"

The connection with terrorists and theorists was made by them not me.

They are saying conspiracy theories are being used like a weapon against the government.

Where will they draw the line when it comes to what is considered an extremist view ??

Actually you're confusing the point of the thread. The government is expanding focus from tackling only the first type of group that you mention - the "mental islamists" as you put it, to excluding any group that they deem "doesn't fit with British values" whatever they decide those values might be.

Nobody's suggesting they'll bomb anybody (in this country at least), but actively excluding any group, particularly non-violent muslims, from the democratic process is a policy straight out of the text that Obelix suggested. It's totalitarian behaviour however ridiculously you try to detract from that.

As far as i can see all that has happened is that public funds have been withdrawn from any group that promotes islamic supremicism. This to me is a good thing and i fail to see why anyone other than an islamic supremacist would oppose it. Islamic supremacist groups do nothing other than cause problems for British Muslims so their removal is key to defeating the jihadists cause within the UK.

As far as i can see all that has happened is that public funds have been withdrawn from any group that promotes islamic supremicism. This to me is a good thing and i fail to see why anyone other than an islamic supremacist would oppose it. Islamic supremacist groups do nothing other than cause problems for British Muslims so their removal is key to defeating the jihadists cause within the UK.

I agree if that is all they use it for, but it won't stop there ,it's probably just the beginning.

I watched most of that the other day after someone on here mentioned it.

It's well worth a watch actually.

Here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501#

If your not a closed minded dumbass that is.

Closed to madness, you'll be telling us were ruled by lizards next. Sensible conspiracy theories end with cold war intrigue etc, once you go to fake moon landings and 911 its psychiatrist time.

In fact I've asked a few times but you never answer, what conspiracy theories do you believe in and which do you dismiss? You may not be a nutter, I do have an open mind.

Closed to madness, you'll be telling us were ruled by lizards next. Sensible conspiracy theories end with cold war intrigue etc, once you go to fake moon landings and 911 its psychiatrist time.

In fact I've asked a few times but you never answer, what conspiracy theories do you believe in and which do you dismiss? You may not be a nutter, I do have an open mind.

The only ones I have really researched at length are 7/7 and 9/11 most others I have little more than a passing interest in,am open minded to most but wouldn't say I believe.I only believe something if I have seen enough evidence. I suppose I'm an open minded skeptic.

Archived