Is the mind capable of time travel?

Since the mind can return to any moment, event or situation that it has witnessed or experienced within ones lifetime, can it be argued that the mind is capable of time travel?

After all, It's claimed that with the aid of regressive hypnotherapy the mind has travelled back to times and places that the conscious mind had long forgotten. It's also been claimed that the mind has even travelled back to events that happened before our birth. What do you think?

Since the mind can return to any moment, event or situation that it has witnessed or experienced within ones lifetime, can it be argued that the mind is capable of time travel?

After all, It's claimed that with the aid of regressive hypnotherapy the mind has travelled back to times and places that the conscious mind had long forgotten. It's also been claimed that the mind has even travelled back to events that happened before our birth. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I think that If I was around before your birth, my mind can travel back to those times. Not really time travel is it, just remembering.

No.

By the same reasoning, films and photographs and audio recordings are also time travel.

I am crazy, however, I do believe it is possible to see into the past, we just don't have the technology to do so.

For instance, If there was a machine that is 2 million light years away from the earth, that is capable of taking a picture or filming the earth from that distance, and we also had the technology to send those images back to the earth at an incredible speed, the machine would be sending us images or film from millions of years ago, therefore we would be looking into the past.

Not much to do with this thread I realise, but there you go. Also I'm sure I could probably have explained it better, but hopefully you understand what I mean. But yes, actual time travel (backwards) I don't think is possible.

After all, It's claimed that with the aid of regressive hypnotherapy the mind has travelled back to times and places that the conscious mind had long forgotten. It's also been claimed that the mind has even travelled back to events that happened before our birth. What do you think?

No, because the future hasn't happened yet. It could transport to a pararlel universe or alternative reality though which may seem like the future.

I am crazy, however, I do believe it is possible to see into the past, we just don't have the technology to do so.

For instance, If there was a machine that is 2 million light years away from the earth, that is capable of taking a picture or filming the earth from that distance, and we also had the technology to send those images back to the earth at an incredible speed, the machine would be sending us images or film from millions of years ago, therefore we would be looking into the past.

If you can magic some way to go faster than the speed of light then you might as well just magic a time machine.

Archived