Aldi milk labelling

Yesterday I bought what I thought was a 4 pint bottle of milk from Aldi. I have just noticed that the receipt says that I bought AND PAID for a 6 pint bottle of milk.

I checked the label and yes it does say 6 pints, but the bottle is exactly the same size as all the 4 pint bottles in my reycling. What is going on here?

Has anyone else bought milk at Aldi recently? If so check your bottles.

Yesterday I bought what I thought was a 4 pint bottle of milk from Aldi. I have just noticed that the receipt says that I bought AND PAID for a 6 pint bottle of milk.

I checked the label and yes it does say 6 pints, but the bottle is exactly the same size as all the 4 pint bottles in my reycling. What is going on here?

Has anyone else bought milk at Aldi recently? If so check your bottles.

Have you measured it with a jug? If you actually have an Aldi bottle that says six pints, and it is actually holding just four then Trading Standards would be immensly interested in seeing that I suspect.

Have you measured it with a jug? If you actually have an Aldi bottle that says six pints, and it is actually holding just four then Trading Standards would be immensly interested in seeing that I suspect.

It holds just over 2 litres exactly the same as the Aldi 4 pint bottles that I have. The bottles are identical other than a label saying 6 pints in place of one saying 4.

Would 6 US pints be about the same size as 4 UK pints? I know a US pint is about 400ml (ish) whereas a UK one is 568ml. Does that work out right to explain the difference?

Dunno but why would a German firm be using American pints on it's milk in a UK store?

Would 6 US pints be about the same size as 4 UK pints? I know a US pint is about 400ml (ish) whereas a UK one is 568ml. Does that work out right to explain the difference?

US pint = 473ml x 6 = 2838ml

UK pint = 568ml x 4 = 2273ml

So no.

jb

ETA: More likely just a mix up with the labels. OP should inform Aldi so they rectify their mistake.

It holds just over 2 litres exactly the same as the Aldi 4 pint bottles that I have. The bottles are identical other than a label saying 6 pints in place of one saying 4.

Take it back and advise Aldi. DON'T let them have the bottle back though - all they will need to do is see it.

If they don't pull the offending items off the shelves sharpishly, get TS involved. I'd consider it possibly worth telling them anyway - mislabellings like this need to be stopped as much as possible.

So was it more expensive than a 4 pint bottle then?

The 4 pint milk is on offer at £1. The price charged was £1.69, so it isn't even pro-rata. I would contact Aldi but they don't seem to advertise their phone number. Does anyone know what it is? Archer Road store at Millhouses.

Archived