Pre-paid credit card to use online?

I use an online game and my account as just been hacked. Thing is I now want to buy something on this game, but I don’t want to use my new credit card. This game site doesn't use pay-pal.

Is there such a thing as a pre-paid card that you can use online that just as pre-paid money on it, but with no link at all to your bank account. Sort of a pay and go card?

You can buy pre-paid cards, theres a few different ones I think. Don't see why you can't use them online.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaidcards/?feature=PrePaid&cardtype=CreditCard&p=0&ef_id=x75NZWLHcBgAAAVa:20110607183401:s

Thanks just read link. Are some of these linked to banks, due to being able to have wages put on?

What I'm after is someone whom possibly has experience / knowledge of such cards, if such a card exists at all.

In which case a normal credit card will also limit your losses as well as you wont be liable for them.

IF you want a prepaid card though there are a lot out there but they have upfront charges that make them pricey especially if not used much

See... http://www.what-prepaid-card.co.uk/features/uk-pre-paid-cards.html

Thanks, just reading that Virgin one, looks like what after.

I use an online game and my account as just been hacked. Thing is I now want to buy something on this game, but I don’t want to use my new credit card. This game site doesn't use pay-pal.

Is there such a thing as a pre-paid card that you can use online that just as pre-paid money on it, but with no link at all to your bank account. Sort of a pay and go card?

As i understand it, you don't have to have them linked in any way to your bank account, you can "top up" some of them using cash at the post office,& no more than what is on the card can be taken from it !

I'm considering one of these myself.

Firstly you should get your game account unhacked, change the password & make sure nobody else can access it.

Then Neteller have a pretty good prepaid mastercard, no fees to deposit to it or spend on it. You can also generate card numbers to use online for a limited period, so you can give each site a different card number.

However, I'm not sure that prepaid cards have the same amount of fraud protection, legally as credit cards, although obviously they can't take what isn't in your account. You shouldn't be liable for any fraud on a credit card, as long as you weren't negligent.

Archived