Grand Hotel Scarborough

I have heard about a food poisoning outbreak at the Grand Hotel Scarborough but i can't find ant mention of it on any search engines, my parents are going for a weekend next month, has anyone heard of this or has recently stayed here, any info would help.

I have heard about a food poisoning outbreak at the Grand Hotel Scarborough but i can't find ant mention of it on any search engines, my parents are going for a weekend next month, has anyone heard of this or has recently stayed here, any info would help.

You might need to narrow your search. I think it happens fairly regularly.:gag:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190744-i1500-k10684-The_Grand_Scarborough-Scarborough_North_Yorkshire_England.html

In all fairness its not always the hotel to blame.

A lot of massive hotels - particuarly ones catering for the blue rinse brigagde - have this problem.

One person gets sickly, it passes round the coach, then they all spend all day sitting in the same bar, dining room and entertainment room and then hey presto an entire hotel gets contaminated.

The last major breakout of sickness and diarrhea at the Grand was caused by a few people bringing in a virus and refusing to use the hand sanitisers etc in the buffets but the media ignored this.

The same thing has happened on cruise ships - that's why even your grandest ships insist on using hand gels before using buffets or entering restaurants.

The media has always had a go at the Grand Hotel and it really is not always as simple as it reads. They should always practice good hygene when using the buffets or if they are really concerned speak to the hotel management.

Yes...couple that with the filthy rooms. I had friends who stayed there a while back....truly awful experience.

The reputation of this establishment leaves much to be desired....they are now famous for the outbreaks of food poisoning.

There are much better alternatives in Scarborough....there has to be :D

I heard that there has been an outbreak on Norovirus - not food poisoning at all.

Wherever you have a large collection of people there is a risk of this sort of thing happening. Couple this with the average age of clientele being over retirement age - there will a greater risk that those affected will be very ill.

By the way, I am not defending the cleanliness etc of the place as I have never been there - just stating the facts.

Archived