Help, what Will happen if my mortgage is more than my house is worth ?

I may want to sell my car and buy a bicycle but I wouldn't expect as a matter of right, to get more than I paid for it.

John X

What a ridiculous comparison.

But I'll make one just as stupid for you, if I buy Take That tickets... I'd expect to sell them on for more than I bought them for.

A lot of peeps are losing there homes accross. In the states ,

But why would I sell my house just to py off the mortgage ? Surely letting the bank have it instead would clear the debt ?

Yes i wud be bankrupt but not in debt ,

Bank wud and another property to thier portfolio .

No, you owe the value of your mortgage, if you default and the bank repossess and sell your home, you'll still owe any difference that they don't recoup.

This is a multi-cultural forum and many of the posters have a limited command of the English language.

A 'Peep' max be something like a 'Parp' - or it might possibly be a person.

A Peep is colloquial slang for a person. Peeps, being people.

Banks don't want the property. They want the amount of money that you owe them. If they repossess your house they wont keep it until it's worth the most it will be sold to repay the debt. If the sale doesn't clear the money you owe them then you will still owe whatever is outstanding on the original loan.

More sounds like it's the banks who make the Money no matter what happens ?

If I carry on paying they make huge profits.

If I don't pay they still get something back and Also a property to sell , which probley be sold for another mortgage .

Being bankrupt can still and will make the Banks richer ,

--- how many shares did our government buy for RBS ?

If I don't pay they still get something back and Also a property to sell , which probley be sold for another mortgage .

Don't worry, you will make yourself ill, just think that in a few years time your gas and electricicle will cost more than you mortgage.:hihi::hihi:

They're running a business, why would they lend at all if there was a straight forward way for someone to cause them to loose money?

If you declare bankruptcy though that's different, you wouldn't have the rest of the mortgage to repay (but it costs £500 itself) and you'll probably never be given a mortgage again.

You are buying a house using someone elses money, do you expect it to be free of interest, grow up for gods sake or become a tenant and pay money for nothing.

Archived